DirectCD- no icon in task bar

I am running DirectCD in Windows XP Pro with SP1. I had installed the basic version of Easy CD that came with my Plextor 4824TA drive, but then made the stupid decision to upgrade to Platinum. This uninstalled the basic version, which worked, to the Platinum version which has a version of Direct CD which doesn’t support my drive. I then compounded my stupid decsion by attempting to upgrade the Platinum version. This did not help my situation at all. After jumping through burning hoops to get this crap off my system and re-install the basic version, DirectCD now works, but I have no option to format CDRW media and no icon appears in the task bar. Anyone have a clue as to how to fix this?
Thanks in advance.

When you install the software you have a choice of which features to install. If the DirectCD software in the Platinum update doesn’t recognize your burner, then uninstall DirectCD and install only the DirectCD version that came with your Basic version.

Then you can use the Platinum features with a working version of DirectCD.

To show or remove the icon in the system tray, open the Project Selector | Make a Data CD - DirectCD | Options, check Show Icon in System Tray and click OK.

Thanks Inertia.

Originally posted by Inertia
[B]When you install the software you have a choice of which features to install. If the DirectCD software in the Platinum update doesn’t recognize your burner, then uninstall DirectCD and install only the DirectCD version that came with your Basic version.

Then you can use the Platinum features with a working version of DirectCD.

To show or remove the icon in the system tray, open the Project Selector | Make a Data CD - DirectCD | Options, check Show Icon in System Tray and click OK. [/B]