Direct-to-Disc Printing - Printable CDs/DVDs

Bean55 replied to a thread that i had posted re: receipt of my TY DVDs and regret that I had gotten shiny silver ones (hard to write on). Bean55 said that the silver printable ones, which I should get next time, looked nice when they were done disc-to-disc on an inkjet printer. I assume there are special printers for doing this? So far, I’ve been using sharpies but the disc-to-disc sounds interesting. Are these printers expensive, any suggestions, etc.? Another “something” that I have no room for, but sounds interesting nonetheless.

Since the thread is referring to printable discs and printers, I’ve moved this to our CD & DVD Printing and Labeling forum. :wink:

There are silver printable discs?
Someone point me to them please. A link would be nice.
You learn something every day. :smiley:

See this website.

http://www.supermediastore.com/dvdmedia.html

You can also do a google on the Epson RX680 that I just got. It makes awesome disc prints on Inkjet printable DVDs and CDs. You cannot use any other kind of disc. It has to be Inkjet printable discs.:wink:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2194123]You can also do a google on the Epson RX680 that I just got. It makes awesome disc prints on Inkjet printable DVDs and CDs. You cannot use any other kind of disc. It has to be Inkjet printable discs.;)[/QUOTE]

Would you please scan in a few of the direct to disc labels you have done. Just so us that are interested can check them out before possibly purchasing the 680 printer.

Thanks

You can find silver printable media anywhere, including some Office Max’s and Staples stores. Check here

http://www.cdrom2go.com/

as for a Direct to Disc CD printer, If you want to do it one at a time, get an Epson R220 if you can find them. I bought one years ago for 99 bucks and it’s still going strong. I don’t think they make that model anymore, so also try

Do you think this printer is any good? It’s a thermal CD/DVD label printer:

U-Print # CDP78

[quote=~KIPPER~;2194220]Would you please scan in a few of the direct to disc labels you have done. Just so us that are interested can check them out before possibly purchasing the 680 printer.

Thanks[/quote]

Sorry for delay, just ran across your request here:o. Two family photo backup discs printed and scanned with Epson RX680. First is T-Y watershield CD, second is TYG02 standard inkjet printable. Only as good as the original photos(totally amateur). I’ve been very happy with the quality of this RX680/CISS combo. Does good 8X10’s and 4X6’s too. Found Kodak 8 1/2x11 photo paper glossy to be a very good/affordable match w/ printer for printing off 8X10’s for family(presentation paper matte/photo/borderless/high speed/brightness+4/Epson vivid settings). Nice for DVD covers, too. Catch them on sale around $14.00/100 pack.