Direct DVD copies (NERO)

vbimport

I have 2 burners. I put an un-encrypted movie DVD in one drive and a blank in the other. When I use NERO and choose the option, “COPY DVD” , why does it have to go through an encoding/transfer process before it burns to the blank DVD? Why doesn’t it just direct copy the files off of one and burn it on to the other. If it can, how do I do this?

Thanks

Know one knows anything about this huh?

I have a more interesting issue with NERO when copying, coupled in with your issue too.

It does not copy the menus properly, it causes the DVD player to either come up with BAD DISK (cheap Alba player) or lock the DVD player in the menus, and if you can get it to play - stutter all the way through the film (a more expensive player).

Originally Posted by Shrinker
I have 2 burners. I put an un-encrypted movie DVD in one drive and a blank in the other. When I use NERO and choose the option, “COPY DVD” , why does it have to go through an encoding/transfer process before it burns to the blank DVD? Why doesn’t it just direct copy the files off of one and burn it on to the other. If it can, how do I do this?

I think it’s much easier (and faster) to make an image (.nrg) of your DVD and then burn the image on an empty DVD. :wink: