Direct cd printing?

Is there a good small program (preferably freeware) that will allow to simply print directly onto disc?

Thanks…

You need a printer with disc printing capability, which will come with “free” software.

That’s pretty much the reason why I made this post to begin with.
The software that came with my printer isn’t very good.

How about giving more information about the printer and the disks you are using and what exactly is the problem? We’re not mind readers and have to rely on the information supplied.

Ok this is my problem in detail:

The printer is a Canon iP4500. I’m not sure if this problem is the same for other modules, but, whenever attempting to print directly onto disc going through the software provided, the result leaves an un-printed gap about half a cm by the inner circle. Why doesn’t it print to the very end of the printing area on the disc like expected? I attempted to adjust this with the circle size settings, but it won’t allow any less than -10.0. The printer is perfect except this one very annoying thing. The media is fine as I’ve tried on different printers in the past. It’s deffinately a problem with Canon… I just hope there’s a solution.

Your only problem is that you’re not using the software correctly. You want to create a template for each type of disc that you use. There’s a button at the top of the pane that looks like the disc tray, click it and then hit the “new” button and set the inside and outside size. Save the settings with an appropriate name, and you have your template. You can save as many as you like. The program will remember the settings till you select a different template.

There’s more info in the help files. The only real limitation in the Canon software is that you can’t go past 118mm on the outside diameter.

My stupidity hits again. :doh:

Thanks for your help.

[QUOTE=Vcodec;1915776]My stupidity hits again. :doh:

Thanks for your help.[/QUOTE]

Don’t feel bad, you’re in good company on this one. I think the real issue is the fact that they included an adjustment in the main window at all. Should have forced us to look for the right settings instead. Too many choices, I guess.

BTW, is this a USA model IP4500? If so, any problems enabling the disc printing?

Hello Is there any 3rd party software out there for the hp photosmart d7560 that is better than the DVD direct print software that comes with this printer. the software that comes with it sucks!

[QUOTE=Calloway101;2459897]Hello Is there any 3rd party software out there for the hp photosmart d7560 that is better than the DVD direct print software that comes with this printer. the software that comes with it sucks![/QUOTE]

Virtually anything is better. SureThing and Acoustica are popular.

I tried sure thing and I coul not get it to print. i will try the other you suggested. Thanks