Dips should i worry?

vbimport

Should I be worried about the dips in this transfere rate scan? I ask as I am still trying to figure out how to understand these scans, I can’t realy do the other tests as it is an NEC2500A burner. Hopefully Iam going to be getting a new larger case with bigger PSU for birthday and so can put my DVD-ROM back in and so hopefully will be able to do some of those more detailed scans.

THis is the disc info and they are Verbatims:

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD-R:MCC 02RG20 ]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD-R] - [DVD-R]
Manufacturer Name : [Mitsubishi Chemical Corp.]
Manufacturer ID : [MCC 02RG20 ]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,298,496 Sectors = 4,489.3MB = 4.38GB (4.71GB)]

[ DVD Identifier - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

Those are very minor speed drops and not much to worry about at all IMO.

Can you post also a scan of this disc? Scans are more informative than reading curve alone.

geno I mentioned in my post such scans are not possible.

So such things are just speed drops then? That’s okay now I know. I am new to reading these things.

I have an NEC 3500A, with the same question – unable to do the quality scans for PI/PO errors. Are there any other tests that can be used?

How useful is the Nero Speed scan that NEC only users have at our disposal?

Sorry, I missed it :o .

Anyway I agree with Wesociety, this is not worring.

Sorry for my mistake

Do the trasnfer test again and see if the dips are in the same places. If not then it’s just the system doing something which takes the priority away from CD Speed for a moment and nothing to worry about. If it does it at exactly the same places time after time then it’s not such a good burn. But does not mean the disc won’t be OK over a period of time.

I was thinking of doing that dead, and watching the whole thing this time and see what speed is reported when the dips show when I did that I went off and put a wash in the machine. I will give it a go.

EDIT: Same disc just scanned:

Nothing to worry about