Dillema

vbimport

I have an Asus crw-4816a fw 1.12. After i burn cd’s at any speed i ussualy test them for errors with nero cd speed cd quality check. The drive has a CAV reading strategy and at most cds i get 10000 to 2000000 errors. When i use nero drive speed and set the drive speed to 32x, the errors dissappear and total number of errors is 0!!! - always. Why is that?

You are burning the CD’s too fast.
Any CDR will show fewer errors when read at a lower speed. The best result in CDSpeed is a full-speed read and “0” errors. If you see errors, lower the burn speed, get better media, or both.

But i burn high quality media (tdk speed X 48x and Verbatim Crystal 48X). I lowered the burning speed progresivly from 48 to 24x and then tested the cds and all had errors. And the drive is making a brrrrrr noise when i eject a cd, restart or start the computer. And when i insert the cd, it reads it , makes several such sounds and then it recognizes it.

1. Are you using a mainboard based on the NForce2 chipset, from NVidia?

2. The certified speed of discs isn’t always to be trusted (although I can hardly believe that quality-brands, as TDK is supposed to be will overrate their discs).

3. If you can, try writing and testing (=reading) these discs in another writer, or even another system!

I aslo have an epo technologies cd-rom 50x. For example, i test a tdk spped x 48x 700 mb, data cd, with the asus. I get 300000+ errors. With the cd-rom i get a maximum of 100!!! How can this be? And the errors influence the asus reading speed, which is fluctuating at many errors, but when i test with the cd-rim, i no speed variations, the speed being increased from 20x to 50x. I am absolutely confused!!!

although I can hardly believe that quality-brands, as TDK is supposed to be will overrate their discs).

Don’t forget that TDK only makes CDR’s in Europe, in the USA they’re usually CMC made.