Digital Research 40X CDRW

vbimport

Does anyone know if the Digital Research 40X writer, that is on sale at Best Buy, is really a Liteon????

Thanks,
Dora

this will be very hit or miss…DR uses numerous different manufacturer…unfortunately you will need to buy it and see

I bought it a few min. ago. However I have no clue what to look for to see if it’s a Lite-On. Let me know so I can check.

Model# 4012P-051
Manufacturer on March 2002

the Liteon will have LTR 40125S on the label …

there is a site that can tell you who makes the drive but I can not recall where it is…sorry I just can not recall…

I do not think this is a liteon cdrw

4012P seems to be a BenQ 4012P drive.

Review of this one is coming soon…

Yep… it’s a 4012P. Are these drives any good?

Roger

rogerroger90, you always get what you pay fro. In this case $20 is not a bad deal even if it’s a regular reader.
So far I couldnt burn at 40X (16x max), but I suspect that it was my PCs fault = to slow.
It is not my primary drive so my wife can burn her MP3s for her car at any speed. :slight_smile:

To be honest I would rather pick a 32X Lite-On instead of this 40X BenQ…

as said, review is coming soon…

Originally posted by Spartacus
So far I couldnt burn at 40X (16x max), but I suspect that it was my PCs fault = to slow.
It is not my primary drive so my wife can burn her MP3s for her car at any speed. :slight_smile:

My friend had the same problem with his Lite-On 48X, but we enabled DMA, and changed the jumper settings. Not only should the jumper settings match what you want each drive to be (master/slave), but if they are on the same IDE cable, then you want to make sure that the master drive is the one that is closest to the motherboard on the IDE cable (the middle connection on the IDE cable).

Now, he is cruising at a cool 48.52X!!:cool:

I’ve just got one. And it’s Benq. Pretty decent drive though, i tried it on 32x and it burned with no problem, buffer level indicator dropped 2-3 times, but Nero didn’t give me warning screen - “Buffer underrun was avoided x times”. Judging by this i assume that Acer’s “Seemless link” technologie is much better, than Justlink from Ricoh. With my new Samsung SW-232B with 8 Mb buffer Nero displayed “Buffer underrun was avoided 8-32 times”.