Digiarty Support Guarantee

vbimport

Hi

On Digiarty’s support page they have a statement ‘Guaranteeing to respond to support requests within 1 working day’. On Jan 7th I contacted them asking for help when the very first conversion I tried using their software failed. I wished to convert a H.264 CCTV file of a bike theft to a format which could be viewed easily on mobile phones etc… in an effort to identify the thief.I contacted them again on the 9th. I finally got a response asking for further information on the 14th and that I download MediaInfo and send them the report that generated. Due to ill health I didn’t manage to reply until the 30th Jan. Since then I have had no response despite contacting them yet again. They may have a slick web page but I suspect they work out of a shed in somewhere in China. Has anyone else on here had similar problems with their ‘Support’ :rolleyes:

Thinking about it, has anyone had a similar problem and have any ideas how I might resolve the issue myself? I’m guessing we’ll be lucky if we can identify the thief now after so long but I still want to try. Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this and remember, if you want support, don’t ask Digiarty. Just go buy a truss!:wink:

If the company is based in china it is chinese New Year and most companies shut down so i don’t think your being fair to the company they did respond and then you could not bacause of a health issue.:slight_smile:

Hi
Thanks for taking the time to point that out. I never thought of the Chinese New Year being the latest delay. That still doesn’t excuse the fact that they Guarantee a one working day response. Yes, they did respond initially, after I emailed them several times and eventually they answered after a week. I don’t think the Chinese New Year was already running from the 4th Jan until the 14th when they finally decided to reply. I will however send an apology to them for my last email asking why they haven’t replied explaining I forgot about the New Year. As for being unfair, I don’t think I have been, overall. Here’s my reason, they sold me their software, I paid their asking price for it, which is supposed to have support that responds within one working day, not a week. Had they responded sooner this might have been resolved before I became ill. Also, I may be wrong but I believe the New Year celebrations started Feb 8th this year so they had a further week to respond before the celebrations started,I may be wrong on that though. That’s why I don’t believe I am being unfair.

My suggestion is contact them again I am not a big fan of this company that is just my preference but it does say on the page under support:

Contact Us

We are committed to being the best digital media company in the world. We deeply value the suggestions and inquiries from our customers. [B]We will do our best to respond to your messages and emails within 24 hours.[/B]

I could find no support forum for their software either and I am not sure how often they frequent the forum here either maybe they will see this and you will get the help you need.

Regards,

ILLP:)

We host the official Digiarty support forum here at Myce and the staff from Digiarty normally respond quickly to all requests.

In China the Chinese New Year lasts for a minimum of three days however it is normal to declare the Saturday before and the Sunday after as working days to enable people to get a full week off. So it’s very likely that none of the days this week have been working days.

Please be patient and give Digiarty a chance to respond, as I’m sure their support staff will do their best to assist you as soon they return to work.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Hi again

I’m going to give them a bit of time, as you pointed out, it is their New Year now. I will contact them again but as a paying customer, I shouldn’t have to chase them. I don’t know if links will paste into this window but if it works this is the url for the support where it says guaranteed response in one working day.

www.winxdvd.com/support.htm

That was one reason I decided to buy it, as opposed to going looking for freebie downloads. I used to use Freemake but it wouldn’t handle the H.264 and this said it did. In fact thinking about it now, Freemake support was better and they are Free!
I should maybe start looking around for a replacement for them, any recommendations? I just want a media suite that I can get support for when it doesn’t work and that is kept upto date with new codecs as they rear their ugly heads. Don’t want much do I :wink:

Hi Wombler
Thanks for taking the time to read and reply to my post. I was aware that this forum is the official Digiarty forum. I arrived here from one of their web pages. That was why I posted on here. I thought that maybe they might reply if they saw it on their forum and save me having to keep emailing until they eventually answer. Had it been just a case of converting some rubbish I might not have been so annoyed by the slow response but this was video of someone stealing a bike. In fairness though my becoming ill also delayed things but probably wouldn’t have had they responded the first time.

[QUOTE=deckhanddave;2768293]Hi Wombler
Thanks for taking the time to read and reply to my post. I was aware that this forum is the official Digiarty forum. I arrived here from one of their web pages. That was why I posted on here. I thought that maybe they might reply if they saw it on their forum and save me having to keep emailing until they eventually answer. Had it been just a case of converting some rubbish I might not have been so annoyed by the slow response but this was video of someone stealing a bike. In fairness though my becoming ill also delayed things but probably wouldn’t have had they responded the first time.[/QUOTE]

I will contact support and ask them to respond. :slight_smile:

Hi alan1476
Thanks for responding to my post. I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate you all on having a genuine and very helpful forum. When a stranger posts on some forums it is a signal for the trolls to come out of hibernation and go into attack mode. Sometimes not even that and you get no response at all. Here I had 3 responses all of which have been helpful with not one snide or sarcastic remark. For that you have my sincerest thanks. It seems from what is being said here, is that Digiarty are usually quite good at replying to support requests. Is that usually the case on the Forum and Email requests? If so I’m at a loss to understand the lack of and delay in replies to my requests. If you have a good working relationship with them would you mention the ‘Guarantee One working day reply’ and suggest they reword it or at least do an auto acknowledgement reply. Maybe have it with an explanation of any likely delays in their responses. On the face of it the software seemed pretty good and the price was reasonable when I viewed the whole package but without support I might as well have stuck with Freeware offerings.

[QUOTE=deckhanddave;2768310]Hi alan1476
Thanks for responding to my post. I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate you all on having a genuine and very helpful forum. When a stranger posts on some forums it is a signal for the trolls to come out of hibernation and go into attack mode. Sometimes not even that and you get no response at all. Here I had 3 responses all of which have been helpful with not one snide or sarcastic remark. For that you have my sincerest thanks. It seems from what is being said here, is that Digiarty are usually quite good at replying to support requests. Is that usually the case on the Forum and Email requests? If so I’m at a loss to understand the lack of and delay in replies to my requests. If you have a good working relationship with them would you mention the ‘Guarantee One working day reply’ and suggest they reword it or at least do an auto acknowledgement reply. Maybe have it with an explanation of any likely delays in their responses. On the face of it the software seemed pretty good and the price was reasonable when I viewed the whole package but without support I might as well have stuck with Freeware offerings.[/QUOTE]
Its done and you wont find those trolls you mentioned here, we do not tolerate that, but with that said, we want everyone to feel at home and welcome all new members.

[QUOTE=deckhanddave;2768269]Hi

On Digiarty’s support page they have a statement ‘Guaranteeing to respond to support requests within 1 working day’. On Jan 7th I contacted them asking for help when the very first conversion I tried using their software failed. I wished to convert a H.264 CCTV file of a bike theft to a format which could be viewed easily on mobile phones etc… in an effort to identify the thief.I contacted them again on the 9th. I finally got a response asking for further information on the 14th and that I download MediaInfo and send them the report that generated. Due to ill health I didn’t manage to reply until the 30th Jan. Since then I have had no response despite contacting them yet again. They may have a slick web page but I suspect they work out of a shed in somewhere in China. Has anyone else on here had similar problems with their ‘Support’ :rolleyes:

Thinking about it, has anyone had a similar problem and have any ideas how I might resolve the issue myself? I’m guessing we’ll be lucky if we can identify the thief now after so long but I still want to try. Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this and remember, if you want support, don’t ask Digiarty. Just go buy a truss!;)[/QUOTE]

Hi deckhanddave,

I was just back from Chinese New Year holiday. Sorry for my delayed response.

Could you tell me the email address that you used to contact our support team? In this way, I could ask them to contact you and help you solve the problem as soon as possible. Thanks a lot for your support and understanding.

Best regards,
Monica

Hi
Thank you for responding. The email used is ???

Dave

[QUOTE=deckhanddave;2768799]Hi
Kind regards

Dave[/QUOTE]

Hi Dave

I’ve told your email to our support staff and one of them would contact you asap. Thanks for your patience.

Have a nice day!
Monica

[QUOTE=deckhanddave;2768798]Hi

Dave[/QUOTE]

Hi Dave,

Just to explain

All open online forums are scanned by spambots that harvest email addresses so we automatically remove from the forums to protect our members from spam.

Monica already has your details now in any case so I’ve now removed your email address.

If you’re interested, Myce has it’s own private messaging facility that you might find useful for all sorts of purposes, but it’s also a safer way of exchanging email addresses etc.

Just click on the user’s title and the option to send a private message will be there.

Hope this helps.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Hi Wombler

Sorry but for some reason not immediately obvious I never saw a notice of your post and only just saw it. Thanks for the heads up. Just to update everyone, they contacted me on 23 Feb saying they couldn’t play it on anything. I replied with 3 software players that would play it and explained that’s why I want to convert it. So it can be passed around by mobiles etc… to try catch & the thief. I haven’t heard anything back since then. How can this be so difficult? They say the H264 format is supported yet they can’t even play it themselves. Sheesh! All I wanted was a suite of software I could use and get help easily when it went Gaga, as they are so want to do, every now and then. I hate Codecs. The very word makes my bowels growl and grumble! :slight_smile: Darned software developers, the devils children I think. Joking folks!

Hi Dave,

Sorry to hear that your problem has not been solved yet :frowning:

I just talked about the issue with my colleague in support team. They have contacted you again with further suggestion. Please check your inbox recently and hope our solution would make you satisfied and help you catch the thief as soon as possible.

Sorry again for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
Monica

[QUOTE=Wombler;2768808]Hi Dave,

Just to explain

All open online forums are scanned by spambots that harvest email addresses so we automatically remove from the forums to protect our members from spam.

Monica already has your details now in any case so I’ve now removed your email address.

If you’re interested, Myce has it’s own private messaging facility that you might find useful for all sorts of purposes, but it’s also a safer way of exchanging email addresses etc.

Just click on the user’s title and the option to send a private message will be there.

Hope this helps.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Hi Wombler

I did what you suggested and have PM’dboth you and Monica but when I checked my sent folder it is empty? Did you get yours? Is there a daly from submitting to it showing as sent? I hate typing things out continuously because of glitches. Actually I hate typing period!:rolleyes:

Cheers

Dave

[QUOTE=deckhanddave;2769200]Hi Wombler

I did what you suggested and have PM’dboth you and Monica but when I checked my sent folder it is empty? Did you get yours? Is there a daly from submitting to it showing as sent? I hate typing things out continuously because of glitches. Actually I hate typing period!:rolleyes:

Cheers

Dave[/QUOTE]

Yes, that came through okay and I was able to look at the PDF.

There might be something unusual about that video as it’s been generated by a CCTV system.

Perhaps that’s why Digiarty have been having problems with it?

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2769210]Yes, that came through okay and I was able to look at the PDF.

There might be something unusual about that video as it’s been generated by a CCTV system.

Perhaps that’s why Digiarty have been having problems with it?

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE] If I am correct CCTV is China Central Television.

Could also be Closed Circuit Television…it’s used for video surveillance.
The DVR records the video signal in a specified fileformat,but although the files could have the same extension as those we use,they don’t work on ‘normal’ equipment because there can be proprietary info added onto the streams.