Diffrent CloneDVD's?

vbimport

Hello all,
This might not be a new question, but I’ll ask anyway. I recently purchased the CloneDVD+AnyDVD+CloneCD package by Slysoft and I’m extremely pleased with the results. While sufring the other day I came across another product also called CloneDVD by another company. My question is, are these the same Clone DVD’s marketed diffrently, or can two diffrent products bear the same name? Just a little confused thanks. :confused:

The original Clone DVD can be obtained from elby.ch or slysoft.com. These are identical versions. And there is a program which misuses Clone DVDs excellent reputation by stealing its name. This one can be found at clonedvd.net and afaik it’s simply crap…

Thanks for clearing that up vomitator. I’m glad that I purchased the real version by Slysoft before I ran across that other one. I’m betting some people have made the mistake of thinking the other one was the real CloneDVD.

I’m betting some people have made the mistake of thinking the other one was the real CloneDVD

And for about $99 :eek: , what a rip off

Yes it is a rip off but it is not as bad as everyone thinks. I tried the trial version. But i am a loyal original CloneDVD man myself :slight_smile: cause i love olli’s quick responses to users problems.
Cheers

I agree. :iagree:
Not to forget the tight relationship between AnyDVD and CloneDVD as an add-on value. :slight_smile:

Regards,

ET

I’m happy with the CloneDVD+AnyDVD setup, works great for me and has never let me down so far…not even interested in trying the “fake” CloneDVD, even as a trial. For $99 they can keep it.

Yes it is a rip off but it is not as bad as everyone thinks

How is it not as bad as everybody thinks ?, a lot of peeps come here to look for advice/help and it turns out they have the wrong clonedvd & at a price

Uhh, that doesn’t mean it’s no good. So people came to the wrong forum…so what? I have used it and it works. It certainly lacks some things, but it has better flexibility in chapter editing than Elby’s product.

Also, is it really clear that Elby’s version is the “true” (original) one? I have noticed that Elby’s product is called “Clone DVD 2” (where the “2” is not referring to the version #). DVD X Player’s product dates back to 2002 as far as I can tell; Elby’s revision history only goes back a year.

I am not saying that the DVD X Player product is bad (overall, I actually do prefer Elby’s); I am just trying to clarify and find out a few things.

odinson wrote:

I have noticed that Elby’s product is called “Clone DVD 2” (where the “2” is not referring to the version #)

Yes it is referring to the version #

Elby’s revision history only goes back a year

You are reading the revision history of version 2 and not the whole history, Its says it on the revision page “second release for public consumption”

but I do not know how old the first version is, but I am guessing I believe it may be 6/2003 when the first version came out, which was CloneDVD

Uhh,Nice tone !

1, If you read my post you will see i asked a question.
2, Wrong forum - no, wrong clonedvd for this forum.

I’m sure on saying that some people bought clonedvd from clonedvd.net thinking it was Elby/Slysoft’s clonedvd.

I could be wrong here but i think i remember seeing Elby clonedvd a few years ago, minus the 2

At least 2003, possibly 2002.

??

A rhetorical one, I thought. Sorry if I was wrong. If your question was serious, then my answer is that earlier versions of the other product were seriously flawed when it came to splitting DVD9 movies, but as of the latest release that has been corrected; I’m not sure many would-be customers know of this (since obviously they might have chosen to stay away from the product all together if it had worked poorly for them in the past, plus the other guys don’t seem to have anyone like Olli out answering users’ questions).

Also I think it’s a little unfair for others to complain about the “other” Clone’s price tag of $99, when it decrypts and burns, whereas you need something like AnyDVD to do anything with Elby’s Clone. Sure, $99 is still a lot, but it’s not like Elby’s product is really only half the price.

Whose fault is that? (That is a rhetorical question!)

My mistake…although I think it’s a little redundant to call it “CloneDVD 2 (Version 2.7.5.1)” as the elby website does. (Why have the “2” in there twice? For example, no one says “DVD Shrink 3 v3.2”).

Anyway, none of this really matters. I’ll repeat what I said before: Elby’s CloneDVD is superior, but the other version isn’t necessarily as bad as some say.

Of course, if Elby would add non-consecutive chapter- (and menu-) editing, I’d have no reason to use the other one at all. I’m just starting to experiment with a trial of Super DVD Copy which also has these features but which will be – I hope – a little better than the other Clone.

If your question was serious, then my answer is that earlier versions of the other product were seriously flawed when it came to splitting DVD9 movies, but as of the latest release that has been corrected

As i’ve not used clonedvd.net i could not comment on it, Who want to pay for software just to have it full of bugs ? (windows) it’s good that they have solved a lot of problems with it but i’m sure i will be staying with Olli’s clonedvd.

I’m sure clonedvd.net jumped on the bandwagon of the original clonedvd’s good name but i don’t unerstand how they can do that with copywrite etc.

Good luck with your experiment

They are located in China. I don’t think it would make sense to sue someone because of EU/US trademarks in China.

The only problem I have is I sometimes see “CloneDVD 3” somewhere, hoping it is a new SlySoft CloneDVD, but it turns out to be the clonedvd.net version.

Ben :slight_smile:

Well if anyone is interested in finding the true excellent functioning CloneDVD just tell them to look for the “sheep” lol…by far the best investment I have made…never let me down so far. Thanks Ollie and the gang…

Also I think it’s a little unfair for others to complain about the “other” Clone’s price tag of $99, when it decrypts and burns, whereas you need something like AnyDVD to do anything with Elby’s Clone. Sure, $99 is still a lot, but it’s not like Elby’s product is really only half the price.
Due to legalitys Clone DVD doesnt have a built in decrypter. Combined the two (Any and Clone) are $60 USD. I think that gives people the right to at least call the “other” overpriced.

The decryptor that comes with other clone can only be used with that product. AnyDVD can be used with other products and also it is use for watching non matching region codes, also copy protected music.