Difficulty in reading cds and more! (LG GH22LP20)

[qanda]This thread is about the LG GH22LP20. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I have recently purchased an LG GH22LP20 - OEM CD/DVD Burner. When my P4 machine went belly up I had to move it to my Athlon 1700 machine. It performed flawlessly in the P4 machine but in the Athlon machine it can’t even read the cd’s much less burn. When I tried to copy a printer driver file from a cd that I had burn using the very same burner when it was in the P4 I got the following error, “Cannot copy because of an I/O device error” . There was a firmware update for the burner that I have already installed but it didn’t help. The burner got really good reviews from where I purchased it. The stats for the drive are at this url: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136147

My computer is:

I am using Win XP Professional SP2 with
Athlon 1700+ w/1 gig RAM.
Video is 128MB Nvidia Geoforce FX 5200
120 Gig HD Western Digital IDE

When the P4 died I swapped out the motherboard and processor. I am using the same power supply, RAM, Video card and of course the same CD/DVD burner as before.

If anybody has any Ideas please let me know. I bought the burner on 12-31-08 and the returns have to be done within a 30 day period so I’m running out of time.

Thank You,

Mike H.