Difficulty falshing DVR-216D

I need a little help please. I have a Pioneer DVR-216D drive. From what I can remember, the last firmware that I flashed it with was 1.6 which was modified to RPC1 by using MCSE. Now I Have downloaded the “FW109EU” firmware. It fails to flash and I get the following message:

“The firmware of target drive is not correct F/W. The firmware is not supported by this program.”

I have feeling that I have to force the flash by using the 2.6.0 DVRFlasher. If that is correct, where do I get the kernel from? Also, can I get a little refresher for what switches to use with DVRFlasher? Thanks in advance.

BTW, the reason I want to flash this drive is that it wants to poll the computer all the time and as the result, the HDD light keeps blinking at the rate of one per second. I have read that this F/W is suposed to fix that problem. Currently the only way I can stop the HDD light from blinking is to open and close the drive door and then the blinking stops.

Cheers

@ falberni,

You can use Media Code Speed Edit to flash your Pioneer DVR-216D drive with Official Pioneer DVR-216D Version 109 Firmware. You just need to patch the Official Pioneer DVR-216D Version 109 Firmware Flasher with the MCSE “Allow Same To Same Flashing” patch.

The problem you are having is caused because your Pioneer DVR-216D v106 drive has been Flashed with MCSE modified RPC-1 Region Free Firmware. You cannot use the Official Pioneer DVR-216D Version 109 Firmware Flasher to flash a Drive that has modified Firmware installed. That is why the Media Code Speed Edit tool has the “Allow Same To Same Flashing” of the Official Pioneer Firmware Flasher.

Suggest reviewing the MediaCodeSpeedEdit support for Pioneer DVD-Writers (http://club.cdfreaks.com/f87/mediacodespeededit-support-pioneer-dvd-writers-153213) Forum thread and note the comments on flashing the Official Pioneer Firmware Flasher with the “Allow Same To Same Flashing” patch.

Regards,
bjkg

[QUOTE=bjkg;2288246]@ falberni,

You can use Media Code Speed Edit to flash your Pioneer DVR-216D drive with Official Pioneer DVR-216D Version 109 Firmware. You just need to patch the Official Pioneer DVR-216D Version 109 Firmware Flasher with the MCSE “Allow Same To Same Flashing” patch.

The problem you are having is caused because your Pioneer DVR-216D v106 drive has been Flashed with MCSE modified RPC-1 Region Free Firmware. You cannot use the Official Pioneer DVR-216D Version 109 Firmware Flasher to flash a Drive that has modified Firmware installed. That is why the Media Code Speed Edit tool has the “Allow Same To Same Flashing” of the Official Pioneer Firmware Flasher.

Suggest reviewing the MediaCodeSpeedEdit support for Pioneer DVD-Writers (http://club.cdfreaks.com/f87/mediacodespeededit-support-pioneer-dvd-writers-153213) Forum thread and note the comments on flashing the Official Pioneer Firmware Flasher with the “Allow Same To Same Flashing” patch.

Regards,
bjkg[/QUOTE]

bjkg,

You’re awsome man. Thanks a lot for the great explanation.

Cheers

(_)