Differnce Between Sony Writers

vbimport

I Have Found These Two Writers In The Store...

1. Sony CRX175A1 (according to CloneCD supported writers page, it supports EFM prefectly.)

2. Sony CRX175A2 (doesn't show up)

The second one is cheaper then the first one, but i think the second one is newer... :confused: , I don't want to buy it and then try it cuz there is a return fee of 15% :eek:

Can anybody answer this?

Does this help? Of course it does! It’s the Search Function. Roadworker’s post tells you that it’s a re-badged Ricoh. I can tell you that high-end Ricohs have a Ricoh chip (good for early versions of SD2) and low-end Ricoh’s, e.g. MP7163A have a Samsung chip (good-for-nothing).

Roadworker reckons that this Sony is good for MOHAA but he doesn’t state the settings or whether the backup works in other devices…looks like a bit of PM coming on…:wink:

By the way, what chip Lite-Ons (and other SD 2.51 killers) have?

Originally posted by FutureProof
[B]

Roadworker reckons that this Sony is good for MOHAA but he doesn’t state the settings or whether the backup works in other devices…looks like a bit of PM coming on…:wink: [/B]

Just stumbled in to this thread while using the "search"button…:slight_smile: Sorry for the delay…

The 175A2 is a very strange drive!

I could backup MOH,using CloneCd 4 with these settings:
Reading:
Max speed
Read subchannel data from datatracks
read subchannel data from audiotracks
FES
Error correction:hardware
read retries:0

Burning:
max
don’t repair subchannel data
always close last session

and with this settings(notice the difference in FES settings!:confused: ):

Reading:
Max speed
Read subchannel data from datatracks
read subchannel data from audiotracks
FES
Error correction:software
read retries:3

Burning:
max
don’t repair subchannel data
always close last session

The backups on cdr played in my CRX175A2 and in my LiteOn LTD163,NOT in my Ultraplex 40XTSi…
However,a backup on cdr-w played in all 3 my devices…:confused:

Originally posted by Supi Suomalaine
By the way, what chip Lite-Ons (and other SD 2.51 killers) have?

Lite-On uses MediaTek chips.