Different qualities of Verbatim Data Life Plus?

Looking for some quality CD-Rs I noticed that the Verbatim Data Life Plus CD-Rs are manufactured in different countries:
in Irland, Taiwan and India. Couldn’t find any ‘Made in Japan’

Are they all of the same quality :confused:

Some CD Metal Azo disc, made around India in Q4/2001 (and only these!) are crap.

You forgot Singapore. I have CD Super-Azo and DVD Metal Azo made in Singapore, nothing unusual about them.

Thanx for your fast reply :slight_smile:

So Verbatim Data Life Plus CD-Rs are a good buy - when TY are difficult to get - as long as they aren’t manufactured in India ?

The ones ‘Made in India’ are 40x Metal Azo CD-Rs.

Unless you have a LiteOn burner: It doesn’t like Mitsubishi media. And there are no 40x Metal Azo: You surely mean 40x Super Azo :slight_smile:

You can buy India discs, just make sure they are not from last year!

My liteOn drives have been accepting of the 32x Verbatim, made in Taiwan, (Mitsubishi), but only burned at 32x. The 24x Made In Mexico are really bad.

Any DLP cd-r made in Taiwan will be good. It comes from Mitsubishi Chemicals normal factory.

Have M.Chemicals taken over Kodak factories in ireland and mexico???
because … hmm…
it seems like they could’ve

I had Mitsubishi 32x media which gave unreadable discs…

Originally posted by KyRoWire
[B]Any DLP cd-r made in Taiwan will be good. It comes from Mitsubishi Chemicals normal factory.

Have M.Chemicals taken over Kodak factories in ireland and mexico???
[/B]

In case you don’t know, Verbatim/Mitsubishi Chemicals discs are manufactured in Taiwan by CMC using Mitsubishi’s dye. Just like all Ricoh discs are manufactured by Ritek with Ricoh’s own dye.