Different Profiles

Excuse my ignorance, but how do I know which profile to use…

For instance, if i were to backup my hitman2 CD how do I know which profile is the one to use…

download ClonyXXL or Yaps.
these programs will tell you what type of protection is on the disk your trying to copy.
if the disk is protected with “SecuRom” then use the SecuRom profile.
if it uses “Safedisk” use the Safedisk profile.
you can also create and edit your own profiles.
also read the first post at the top of the page called: “Sticky:CloneCD 4 Profiles for Download !”
hope this helps.

Can you see either of these in your version of CloneCD?

How many other profiles do you have?

Hitman 2 is securom supernew and you can’t copy it with clonecd anyway (or at least you can’t without a bwa file and blackcheck’s twinpeak tool).

Try blindwrite with the bwa builder and/or clonecd (or alcohol) with twinpeak and then, if neither work, try the latest versions of alcohol with RMPS or blindwrite with autoplay (but note that the last 2 options require alcohol with RMPS enabled or blindwrite with autoplay enabled, as the case may be, to be on the system for the copy to be used).

Originally posted by FutureProof
[B]Can you see either of these in your version of CloneCD?

How many other profiles do you have? [/B]

I don’t have anything like that many… I have a bundle that i just dloaded from a thread here… I think 8 profiles… where did you get the rest from?

“Bandare” wrote:

>
[…]
>

>I don’t have anything like that many… I have a bundle that i
>just dloaded from a thread here… I think 8 profiles… where did
>you get the rest from?

Most of them are my own compilations for specific testing. I was asking about the ones with red arrows.

I don’t have the protected one

you could email it to me if you felt generous :slight_smile:

It’s part of the latest CloneCD version.

It is not activated when the locale is set to USA.

thanks very much… thks for sharing your knowledge :smiley: