Differences in TY discs

vbimport

1.What is the difference between Taiyon Yuden TYG02 and YUDEN000T02. I searched the forum and seem to see that T02 scans look generally better correct me if I am wrong please.

2.I was at Blandmedia.ca and searched their TY selection, I found it odd that they were selling 100 DVD+R 8X TAIYO YUDEN SILVER for $81.00 YUDEN000T02 and 100 DVD-R 16X TAIYO YUDEN SILVER SKU: DVD-R47ZZSB16 for$80.00. Should the 16x not cost more than the 8x discs? Am I missing something here? Is there a difference in quality between serial numbers?

T02 is +R media and G02 is -R media. Both of them are 8X media. The 12X +R TY is T03 and I expect that the 16X is T04. You are right, the 16X should cost more. Put a link here for the store you are looking at and maybe we can see what is going on. $80 per 100 is quite high, at least for the USA.

Never mind. I think you mean Blankmedia.ca. They are not quite fair when they rate the media. They are selling 8X media and saying that it will burn at higher speeds. They actually link to the 8X media when you search for 16X. While it is true that you can burn 8X at higher speeds, it should not be priced as 16X.

Try some US companies and see if they will sell to Canada. Supermediastore.com
meritline.com
rima.com
Amazon.com

Also Verbatim is a good media as well if you cannot get TY. They run rebates all the time.

http://www.blankmedia.ca/

It’s in Canada, so we pay copywrite fees here.

The best media depends on your burner. The +R generally will tolerate burning at faster speeds. My NEC does very well with -R G02 at 12X.

They are selling 8X media and saying that it will burn at higher speeds. They actually link to the 8X media when you search for 16X. While it is true that you can burn 8X at higher speeds, it should not be priced as 16X.

I noticed that also, strange thing to rate an 8x disc at higher speeds. I will have to phone customs Canada and see what fees are charged to bring over the border. Rima’s prices are really good.