Difference: blindwrite suite, alcohol 120%, clone cd, daemon tools?

vbimport

Can someone tell me what the difference is between: alcohol 120%, clone cd, daemon tools and blindwrite suite? Can they all copy protected cd’s? Is there one of these that copy’s all protections so i can use one of them or do i need them all?

Do you know something of protections ie names?
If not, than investigate the forum. There is very much to find.

For most protections clonecd will be enough, for others you need a whole bunch of proggys.

You only have to identify which protection is used on the disc you are trying to make a backup from.

Then identify which program to use, but most important is: WHICH BURNER DO YOU HAVE?
Some burners can’t backup much and others can backup allmost everything.

greetz,

Jay Sea

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jay Sea

Then identify which program to use, but most important is: WHICH BURNER DO YOU HAVE?

I 've got a plextor 16/10/40A

you’ve cross posted again

use clony xxl to determine which protection the game has.

Originally posted by Jay Sea
[B]Do you know something of protections ie names?
If not, than investigate the forum. There is very much to find.

For most protections clonecd will be enough, for others you need a whole bunch of proggys.

You only have to identify which protection is used on the disc you are trying to make a backup from.

Some burners can’t backup much and others can backup allmost everything.

greetz,

Jay Sea [/B]

dont agree

ccd only can do SD >2.8 with a small amount of writers (asuming no emulation is used) and it cant do securom >4.8 at all

think alcohol is a better alrounder.
it is rock solid with SD protections and with rmps emulation it can create working back-ups of securom >4.8

twinpeaks works for securom protections but has a major disadvantage that not all devices can read twinsectors.

IMO, alcohol is the best all round duping proggy but for different protections, different programs perform better than others.

Recommended for commonly used protections:

For safedisc 2 - For 2 sheep writer: Use alcohol or discdump/fireburner (unless you can get discjuggler to work for you, in which case, use dj). For 1 sheep or 0 sheep writer: Use alcohol but if that doesn’t work then use CloneCD with emulate weak sectors.

For securom 4.8x - Use blindwrite v 4.2.5. If that doesn’t work, use either alcohol or clonecd with twinpeak. If that doesn’t work either, use alcohol with RMPS emulation.

For laserlock - Use clonecd.

For Ring Protech - Use clonecd or burnatonce (read with discdump).

if you use rmps, the copy won’t work if you don’t have alcohol installed.
So if I make a backup with my computer the backup won’t run in my laptop. Do I have to install alcohol on my laptop which does not even have a burner?

You dont have to have Alcohol 120% on your laptop, you can also use daemon tools. It can emulate RMPS.

BLindwrite does the job perfectly well for securom 4.8 and safedisk using the default settings without thinking about which protection is used or not…

Dont worry, no-one had forgotten blindwrite. :bigsmile:

used blindwrite and lost a couple of spindles. (about 75 coasters)
So I don’t think blindwrite is something for me.

Originally posted by lapinou
BLindwrite does the job perfectly well for securom 4.8 and safedisk using the default settings without thinking about which protection is used or not…

Well that isn’t true in my case;

SecuROM 4.8 - NOLF2 - Blindwrite [4.2.5 and 4.2.8 BWA] fails to make a readable disk but CloneCD and twinpeaks works fine. Thus proving the BWA Builder works but not the reading/burning

SD2.8 - 007 NightFire and MOHAA - Spearhead both fail the guard module [but you can at least read the disk!] where a CloneCD read and Fireburner write work fine for both games.

it is a bad settings configuration if you use the autoplay features of blindwrite a good bwa and even burning using the SAO cooked writing mode it works on a large amount of computer.

see the tutorial on the www.blindwrite.com web site.

send me a log report, and I will prove it works perfectly with the good settings.

I tested a lot with the version 4.3 for retail market, I did the newbie behaviour, letting the default settings and listening about what it was displayed and encounter no problem with not the best of cd writer.

Does BW 4.2.5 have autoplay?

Sadly I didn’t keep the logs, although from memory it didn’t look wrong - the burn was sucessful, but this is more about what happened.

Originally posted by lapinou
it is a bad settings configuration if you use the autoplay features of blindwrite a good bwa and even burning using the SAO cooked writing mode it works on a large amount of computer.

Ah, but autoplay copies are just using emulation and won’t work unless either blindwrite or the autoplay filter is installed and autoplay is enabled.

That, I’m afraid is just not what our members want if there is any possibility of making a copy that doesn’t require any form of emulation to work.

Originally posted by Jay Sea
used blindwrite and lost a couple of spindles. (about 75 coasters)
So I don’t think blindwrite is something for me.

Thats a lots of drink holders you have made, what were you trying to copy?

Originally posted by Orinoco
[B]Does BW 4.2.5 have autoplay?

Sadly I didn’t keep the logs, although from memory it didn’t look wrong - the burn was sucessful, but this is more about what happened. [/B]

Have you tried using the newest version of Blindwrite, 4.3?

Luckily I have never had any problems copying Safedisc 2.8 with Blindwrite, Clonecd or Alcohol120 with my LiteOn 40125s and no emulation.
And for Securom 4.8 I have always used Blindwrite and not had trouble but sadly there will be people that cant do backups without using emulation such as Autoplay and rmps.

I tried to copy warcraft III this way, but I understand that making a copy without bwa file is better for this game. It still works after updating to 1.5 (patch)

Warcraft II doesnt have the worst charachteristics of Securom NEW 4.8X (ie. a BWA file in most cases isnt required to make a backup of this game)

and in my case, I can’t get a working copy if I use the bwa builder at all.