Difference between the firmware

vbimport

Hi

can you please advise what the difference is between Liggy’s firmware and the stock firmware for AD7241S v1.03

thanks

My firmwares contain patches for bitsetting DVD+R and DVD+RW discs and there are also patched versions dealing with DVD region coding (RPC1 or Auto-Reset Firmwares)

Please don’t crosspost. Your second post containing the same question has been deleted

Thanks for your reply.

sorry as my question did not add to the other post I reposted again. Did not realise I did a new post

sorry another question

what is better (hassle free for end user)

RPC1 or Auto-Reset Firmwares)

IMO, it’s RPC1 in the end.

It’s the question if you really need it or not.

Do you know the differences RPC1 <> Autoreset RPC2?

[QUOTE=chef;2620320]IMO, it’s RPC1 in the end.
[/QUOTE]I beg to differ. On Windows 7 systems, some applications (like DVD playback software and similar) seem to cause trouble if there is a RPC1 drive present.
So, if there is the need for multi-region playback, I’d vote for RPC2-Autoreset along with a player software that does not use region coding.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2620345]along with a player software that does not use region coding.[/QUOTE]
As far as I know, DVD player software is supposed to leave the region coding to the drive if it’s RPC2, hence having unlimited changes if the drive is RPC2 auto-reset. However I wouldn’t place bets that every player software works this way. :disagree: