Difference between Pioneer 215d and 216bk ( Buying tips for Pioneer DVR-215D)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Pioneer DVR-215D. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi all

I’m new to the forum, I did some browsing through the forum with buying a new DVD burner in mind and decided to go for a Pioneer 215d. I went ahead and ordered one and received a 216bk instead. My question is, is there a significant difference between the two drives, if so, in favor of which drive? And if the 215d is the better of the two drives, is the difference enough to warrant sending the drive back for an exchange or refund to source one from somewhere else.

Thanks in advance

Carl

[quote=Wii;2145061][qanda]This thread is about the Pioneer DVR-215D. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi all

I’m new to the forum, I did some browsing through the forum with buying a new DVD burner in mind and decided to go for a Pioneer 215d. I went ahead and ordered one and received a 216bk instead. My question is, is there a significant difference between the two drives, if so, in favor of which drive? And if the 215d is the better of the two drives, is the difference enough to warrant sending the drive back for an exchange or refund to source one from somewhere else.

Thanks in advance

Carl[/quote]
Welcome Wii- The 215 is almost impossible to find now even if you tried to exchange I doubt they have one.

Hi James

Thanks for the welcome and quick reply, I bought the drive off an ebay trader and have e-mailed them explaining the mistake and they are in the process of checking their stock as they thought their stock was of 215d’s. Is the 216 identically hardware wise and would a cross flash to 215 firmware be possible/advisable?

Thanks

@ Wii,

Do NOT attempt to flash a Pioneer DVR-216D drive with Pioneer DVR-215D drive Firmware – you will end up with an expensive non-functional Drive.

There isn’t anything ‘Wrong” with a Pioneer DVR-216D drive that would warrant an attempting to flash a Pioneer DVR-216D Firmware with Pioneer DVR-215D Firmware.

Before believing that you should be dissatisfied with your newly acquired Pioneer DVR-216D perhaps you should closely review Pioneer DVR-216D related postings in the dedicated Pioneer DVD Burner Forum to become fully aware of the performance of a Pioneer DVR-216D drive.

Regards,
bjkg