Difference Between "Full" and "Clone" in BD Copy

vbimport

What is the difference between “full” and “clone”? Is the copy protection retained on the burned backup copy of the disc?

Thanx

[QUOTE=kladuke;2604313]What is the difference between “full” and “clone”? Is the copy protection retained on the burned backup copy of the disc?

Thanx[/QUOTE]
Hi kladuke

Welcome to the forum :flower:

I’m sorry no one has replied to you until now, I’m not into BR backups however it’s nothing to do with retaining copy protection which by the way is never copied on your backup.

With the full disc mode you are given the option to change the navigation of the disc playback…e.g… “Jump to first menu” or “Jump to main title” where as the clone mode does not have this feature.

[B]SJ[/B]

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2604353]I’m sorry no one has replied to you until now, I’m not into BR backups however it’s nothing to do with retaining copy protection which by the way is never copied on your backup.
[/QUOTE]

That’s normally correct but for Cinavia protected Blu-rays the copy protection is retained.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2604369]That’s normally correct but for Cinavia protected Blu-rays the copy protection is retained.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks for that info, as I said “I’m not into BR backups” so wasn’t sure, but I figured if I gave a wrong answer you or someone would correct me :bigsmile: