Difference between Elby's clonecd 4.2.0.2 & Slysoft Clonecd 4.3.2.2?

vbimport

I have a major quality question.

Hardware details:

I used MSI DR8-A1 DVDRW burner, ASUS DVD-E616P1 (version E13051)
later on used MSI DR8-A1 DVDRW burner, LG COMBO DRIVE GCC-4320B and performed same tests.

Software details:

Elaborate Bytes Clonecd 4.2.0.2
Slysoft Clonecd 4.3.2.2

Used media:

Verbatim (burned with 8xspeed)

Test:

1. I used the old Elaborate bytes clonecd version 4.2.0.2 and could back up
    easliy an psx game Tekken 3 with libcrypt protection, it gave an good
    oversight of what my drive is capable of.

2. Now I used Slysoft’s clonecd version 4.3.2.2 and I could not backup the psx game Tekken 3 with libcrypt protection, plus it gave an oversight of what my drive was capable of and then gave an message clonecd guesses and might not be accurate of your drive ?!

Issue & question:

Also with Slysoft Clonecd 4.3.2.2 it kept giving me an error ‘cannot read the subchannel data 96 kb’ (protection thing), while with Elaborate bytes clonecd 4.2.0.2 I had no problems with this ?!

What might be the cause with the hang clone problems of Slysoft’s new Clonecd 4.3.2.2 in comparison with the perfect cloning of the Elaborate bytes clonecd 4.2.0.2 that gave no problems?

Hope to get this solved soon :confused: :sad:

Have you tried 4.4.3.1 version of CloneCD. You should qualify for the update since the version you have now could have only been recently purchased.

Maybe some new bugs were fixed in that one.

CloneCD 4.4.3.1 :confused:. Thought latest version is 4.3.2.2 as solveprogramissue posted.

Errr… really late in the a.m. when I wrote that last night trying to decipher two dfferent problems in two different threads. Please disregard.

OK :), I was just a little bit confused and I thought it was a typo. But you never know…

Just need to change 1 number and you got it…

CloneCD 4.3.3.1:)

Originally Posted by xtacydima
Have you tried 4.4.3.1 version of CloneCD. You should qualify for the update since the version you have now could have only been recently purchased.

Maybe some new bugs were fixed in that one.

Thanx for the reply, didn’t try that version yet. I looked into the different versions of elb’s last clonecd and Slysoft’s Clonecd 4.3.2.2 it seems that Slysoft is missing the virtual clone drive which elby’s clonecd last version had and this gives problems with the cloning of the cd. So slysoft needs to fix the virtual clone in clonecd will it be as good as the last elby’s clonecd version before they handed it over.