Difference between DVR-212D and DVR-212?

vbimport

I just got 2 of these drives, brand new.

It seems that there’s some 2007 threads talking about flashing a DVR-212D to a DVR-212.

Does anyone know what the difference of the 2 drives are?

I’ve looked at many many threads on the interwebs, and still cant distinguisg the difference between both drives, and which is better.

From the threads of “How to flash a DVR-212D to a DVR-212” it leads to the conclusion that the DVR-212 is better than the DVR-212D.

Thanks

@ kay188,

The DVR-212D only Reads DVD-RAM Media. The DVR-212 both Reads and Writes DVD-RAM Media.

You only have to ask your question once in the Forum. You asked exactly the same question in the Forum thread titled “How To: Crossflash 212D to 212”.

Regards,
bjkg

Ohhhhh.
I see i see.

Yeah, it is the same.

It’s just me, once I have something, and i find out that it can perform so much better, I want to do it like RIGHT away!

Haha. :slight_smile:

Thanks by the way!

Edit: I see there’s an 212L version.

What’s the difference with the DVR-212L?

Actually i found out.
It has PURE READ. Enabling better error correction when reading.
Something along those lines

Cross flash it to a 212 and life is good.

In my assumption, there’s no way to crossflash to an 212L right?

As Pure Read seems neat haha.

yeah i think so. 212L f/w should add Lableflash to it. Not sure about the Pure Read.

I have a 215D crossflashed to a 215L but dunno about the Pure Read. This is the first Pioneer i kept that burns great. The Pioneer 1810 aka 112D i tried when they first came out had problems for me. I tried 3 of them and gave up.

It was some link i clicked on in another DVD-212D to 212 thread i read here.

It said something about Pure Read…

What’s Label Flash by the way?

It’s similar to LightScribe but you can burn an image on the data side of a disc if it’s not a full burn. There’s a thread or two about it here at CDF’s.

Haha, kinda figured lol.

Well then, when the 212L crossflash is workable with the 212D/212 versions i’ll be sure to do it :wink:

[QUOTE=kay188;2063019]Haha, kinda figured lol.

Well then, when the 212L crossflash is workable with the 212D/212 versions i’ll be sure to do it ;)[/QUOTE]

Wouldnt it be more logical to first using SEARCH ad asking unresolved questions later? :confused:

[QUOTE=chef;2063147]Wouldnt it be more logical to first using SEARCH ad asking unresolved questions later? :confused:[/QUOTE]

I’m not an idiot.

I did use the search, and i use google more than anything.
If i dont find my answer, I then post.

Something as small as “can write dvd-ram, and cannot write dvd-ram” is not easy to spot and tell the difference using google/search.

Did you not search CDFreaks for the differences? I did a simple search through Yahoo for DVR-212D and DVR-212 and it brought up the specifications for the two.

DVR-212D
DVR-212

DVR-212D only supports READING of DVD-RAM, not WRITING.

There’s information on the 212L as well, you can find it in CDFreaks.

I did search. And i already know the difference.

Like i said, something that small wasnt very noticeable.
And I couldn’t find anything on CDF, not that there isnt anything on here,

@ kay188,

If there is a technical problem you are having concerning your newly acquired DVR-212Ds Forum Members will assist you with your problem.

Every single one of your questions concerning the Pioneer DVR-212 series Drives has been discussed in numerous details throughout the CD Freaks Pioneer DVD Burner Forum.

As previously suggested by other Forum Members use the Forum Magic Search button.

Regards,
bjkg