Difference between 112D 8.xx & 112L 8.xx?

vbimport

Sorry guys I know this has probably been asked before I believe the only difference in these is the (D) version doesn’t burn Dvd-Ram right??
& 8.xx by default has bitsetting. So correct me if I’m wrong are these two firmwares stock meaning they are bitsetting and the (L) version straight from the manufacturer burns Dvd-Ram??

Thanks

Joe

Hi :slight_smile:
They are the same drive.
Only f/w limits what one can’t do.
The 215D will not write to RAM, only read it.
215L not only writes to RAM (& reads it). But has LabelFlash too.
Bitsetting by default.
For some time all Pioneer drives have had autobitsetting for DVD+R DL media.

I have been using 1.24 with MCSE bitsetting. I don’t use the increase read speed anymore since I ran into a lot of problems with it that were fixed by flashing back to non-speed read fw. Do you use 1.24 or 8.25?

Hi :slight_smile:
I tend not to use read speed patch myself.
Although never had any problems with it.
Use Samsung drives for reading/ripping.
Pioneer for burning.
Use the 8.25 f/w.
Though currently using Pioneer 115/215 models now.

[QUOTE=jcusimano2;2081020]I have been using 1.24 with MCSE bitsetting. I don’t use the increase read speed anymore since I ran into a lot of problems with it that were fixed by flashing back to non-speed read fw. Do you use 1.24 or 8.25?[/QUOTE]

What kind of problems?
I’m using L 1.24 speedpatched on my DVR-112D since day one and it’s a very good 16x reader, never ran into any problems.

@ jcusimano2

If you used the Forum Search which a “CD Freaks Senior Member” should be effectively able to use you will note the question “Difference between 112D 8.xx & 112L 8.xx” has been asked numerous times and has effectively answered numerous times.

Once again official unpatched Pioneer DVR-112D v1.** Firmwares provides auto BitSetting of DVD+R DL Media only and DVD-RAM Read only. Unpatched Buffalo v8.** DVR-112L Firmwares provides auto BitSetting of both DVD+R DL and DVD+ SL Media and DVD-RAM Read and Write and LabelFlash.

The MCSE tool Increase Read Speed/RPC-1 (Region Free)/Enable BitSetting patches applied to either Pioneer or Buffalo DVR-112 Firmwares work flawlessly without any problem.

Concerning Pioneer DVR-112D v1.24 verse Buffalo DVR-112L v8.25 Firmware. If you review the “Pioneer DVR-112D/L: Post your scans and questions here (1st look)” (http://club.cdfreaks.com/f87/pioneer-dvr-112d-l-post-your-scans-questions-here-1st-look-201109) you will note that the Buffalo DVR-112L v8.25 Disc Quality Scans provide a slight performance increase over Pioneer DVR-112D v1.24 Disc Quality Scans.

Regards,
bjkg

[QUOTE=Womi;2081030]What kind of problems?
I’m using L 1.24 speedpatched on my DVR-112D since day one and it’s a very good 16x reader, never ran into any problems.[/QUOTE]

With the read speed patch not all the time but sometimes the read tends to have speed problems. Dropping down @ times & all my other drives never happens and doesn’t happen when I disable or don’t use the increase read speed patch. My Asus DVDE818A reads at a full 18x speed w/no problem. I’m not downing MCSE at all I just don’t ever want slowdowns in the read and even though it didn’t happen a lot I’m just well I guess a little OCD about my optical stuff :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=bjkg;2081107]@ jcusimano2

If you used the Forum Search which a “CD Freaks Senior Member” should be effectively able to use you will note the question “Difference between 112D 8.xx & 112L 8.xx” has been asked numerous times and has effectively answered numerous times.

Once again official unpatched Pioneer DVR-112D v1.** Firmwares provides auto BitSetting of DVD+R DL Media only and DVD-RAM Read only. Unpatched Buffalo v8.** DVR-112L Firmwares provides auto BitSetting of both DVD+R DL and DVD+ SL Media and DVD-RAM Read and Write and LabelFlash.

The MCSE tool Increase Read Speed/RPC-1 (Region Free)/Enable BitSetting patches applied to either Pioneer or Buffalo DVR-112 Firmwares work flawlessly without any problem.

Concerning Pioneer DVR-112D v1.24 verse Buffalo DVR-112L v8.25 Firmware. If you review the “Pioneer DVR-112D/L: Post your scans and questions here (1st look)” (http://club.cdfreaks.com/f87/pioneer-dvr-112d-l-post-your-scans-questions-here-1st-look-201109) you will note that the Buffalo DVR-112L v8.25 Disc Quality Scans provide a slight performance increase over Pioneer DVR-112D v1.24 Disc Quality Scans.

Regards,
bjkg[/QUOTE]

@ bjkg
My question was the difference between 112D 8.xx & 112L 8.xx not 112D 1.xx & 112D 8.xx or L.
so I guess unpatched buffalo D version only reads ram while the L will also write to Ram media

The 112L 8.25 is the best

@ jcusimano2,

Perchance were does an individual obtain this 8.xx DVR-112D Firmware?

A DVR-112D Drive is a Pioneer Drive with Pioneer Firmware version 1.** Firmware. Buffalo DVR-112 Drives are DVR-112L Drives with version 8.** Firmware. A Buffalo DVR-112D Drive and Firmware does not exist.

DVR-112 Drive choices are Pioneer DVR-112D v1.** Firmware or Buffalo DVR-112L v8.** Firmware. There is not a Buffalo DVR-112D v8.** Firmware.

My #6 posting information is current and valid.

Regards,
bjkg

[QUOTE=bjkg;2084395]@ jcusimano2,

Perchance were does an individual obtain this 8.xx DVR-112D Firmware?

A DVR-112D Drive is a Pioneer Drive with Pioneer Firmware version 1.** Firmware. Buffalo DVR-112 Drives are DVR-112L Drives with version 8.** Firmware. A Buffalo DVR-112D Drive and Firmware does not exist.

DVR-112 Drive choices are Pioneer DVR-112D v1.** Firmware or Buffalo DVR-112L v8.** Firmware. There is not a Buffalo DVR-112D v8.** Firmware.

My #6 posting information is current and valid.

Regards,
bjkg[/QUOTE]

@ bjkg

This is just not true I am not trying to start anything and I do respect your knowledge but there is a buffalo version od the DVR-112D & it is the DVR-112D 8.xx right here and it supports exactly what the 112D 1.xx firmware does except it bitsets +R SL media by default
After clicking on this link please scroll to the bottom of the page because it is in japanese but click on the “Download” @ the bottom of the page

http://buffalo.jp/download/driver/hd/dvm-rxg18_fw.html

I did just crossflash one of my drives to 112L 8.25 & I am impressed with the results so thanks.

@ jcusimano2,

I stand corrected in my #6 & #10 posting misinformation.

Regards,
bjkg

The treason I was wanting to flash to the (D) version of 8.xx is because I was thinking that the ramwriting and the labelflash might clash with my duplicator controller but I was wrong in this assumption & the 8.xx (L) version has been working like a charm. I had to duplicate 100 cd’s for a friend that has his own R & B group (Just starting out) so hopefully I won’t get any complaints. I used TY thermal silver cd’s from rima. :slight_smile: I’ve had problems with three different 112D’s over the stupid cd read/write problem so I expected it to come out during this project but I guess the repairs done by pioneer did the job. Was a little worried since I had to send one back for a second time right after receiving it.