Diff. between Full Disc and Clone?

Are they not the same thing?

[QUOTE=sneakers;2017277]Are they not the same thing?[/QUOTE]

Clone make a bit by bit copy of everything including media files. That mode is used for dual layer blank media. The full disc compress the dvd to fit 4.7GB disc.

Clone mode will create a bit for bit bkup as calcu007 said (minus the copy protection of course).
It will preserve the layer break…regardless of whether or not [B]Remove layer break [/B] (Common Settings) is ticked or unticked.
It also has the option of copying DVD video data only…or not, depending upon your selection and specific needs.

Full Disc will copy all movie, menu and trailer content either to a dvd5 or dvd9, ie., compressed or non-compressed, again depending upon your selection.

All this information has been discussed many times and is available in the tutorial or by using the search function.
Please use these tools.

have a read

http://www.dvdfab.com/docs/

I understand there is a difference in mechanics between the 2 methods, but is there a quality difference between clone and customize if they both are 100%. Assume using either sl or dl disks, whichever is appropriate to the job.

JT

[QUOTE=jimt8642;2018533]I understand there is a difference in mechanics between the 2 methods, but is there a quality difference between clone and customize if they both are 100%. Assume using either sl or dl disks, whichever is appropriate to the job.

JT[/QUOTE]

if the quality reading is 100% then there is no difference in quality,…if one has to be compressed then there is a difference…due to compression factor

Hi All,

I have a question about full disc mode. If you are using the DVD9 option and writing to DL blank, should you check or uncheck the ‘remove layer break’ option. Has me a little confused. Seems like you would still need the layer break. :confused:

what this does is remove the original layer break. if you remove the original layer break, VSO will make a new one.

do you have ImgBurn installed?

Hi Troy,

Yes I have img burn. Don’t use very often though.