Die Hard series

I just bought the dvd set of the first 3 die hard’s. I’m trying to back them up but I’m having a problem. I’m using the latest versions of CloneDVD and AnyDVD. I’ve only tried 2 and 3, both rip fine, but fail around the 88% mark when burning. Every other movie I’ve bought and backed up has worked fine so I’m not sure what the problem with this set is. :frowning:

Has anyone made a successful backup of these and what steps did you use?

Edit: Burner: Pioneer 111D, Media: Verbatim

Try AnyDVD with Shrink

Backup to “files” on the hardddrive and then burn the resulting files. I never burn “on-the-fly” and have no problems. It sounds like you are haveing problems during the “burn” phase which leads to what type of media. speeds, etc.

Try writing to files and then burning those files with Clone or with ImgBurn (free).

Which Verbatim media? Single layer or Duel layer? Codes?

I just tried burning with ImgBurn after ripping to the HDD with CloneDVD2. I got the following error at 84%:

W 18:46:25 Failed to Write Sectors 1980640 - 1980671 - Write Error
W 18:46:25 Retrying (1 of 20)…
W 18:46:25 Retry Failed - Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format
W 18:46:25 Retrying (2 of 20)…
W 18:46:25 Retry Failed - Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format
ect…

I’m assuming this is what I’m getting around the same percent in CloneDVD2 and Nero…

This is probably the fourth rip of this DVD that I’ve tried. I’m using single layer verbatim, but just to ease my mind I just tried a Verbatim +R DL disc and got the same error. Does this sound like a media/burning issue, or an issue with the DVD rip itself?

Media/burning issue. Insure that your firmware is up to date, use quality media, TYs or Singapore Verbatims and burn at no more than 1/2 the media burn rate.