"Die another day" question

When using DVD2one on above mentioned movie I can see 3 differnet movie tracks.
The first is in zero lenght, so that one is not important.
But the other two looks identical in chapters, angles and lenght.
What is the difference? I compressed both of them and looked at them from hd, but I see no difference.
It seems to me that is must be some difference which I cant find.

Anyone…?

‘Die Another Day’ has angles. This is why you can see what is apparently two movies. (When the full DVD is played you will see at various stages the ‘angles’ symbol appear on your player. If you then select angle 2, you’ll find that the movie continues in a smaller window, while the protagonist of that scene tells you all about it, what a hard life it was, and so on and so forth)

In view of this, you may prefer to do this title in ‘full disc’ mode, rather than movie only.

-Pete

Thx once more, Peter!

I tested this movie with my own region 2 version, selected the firstmovie (the second in list, first one with 2.09.xx)

Kept angle 1, removed some subs and soundtracks.

Worked like a charm!

Hi,

I’ve tried to backup Die Another Day (Region 2).
It looks like its ok, but the sound goes out of sync at the end of the movie. Anyone knows a solution ? I’ve tried it also with DVD2DVD-R but then the subtitle dissapears after a while ;).
Is this maybe a new special protection ?

Greetz,

CanonBall
:confused:

There’s no magic special protection on that disc. The dvd specs won’t allow companies to use other protection scheme’s without breaking the specs and thereby making their discs incompatible with standalone players.

Originally posted by ReneB
There’s no magic special protection on that disc. The dvd specs won’t allow companies to use other protection scheme’s without breaking the specs and thereby making their discs incompatible with standalone players.

I wouldn’t get all comfy with that assessment.

http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/7454

and:

for one example.
We have not seen the end of MPAA/etc. grasping at legal/technical highway robbery. I would guess there will always be a development-curve required for software like D2O.
So far so good, but they like their 9,000% profit-margins…
Hey, any plans yet for future blue-ray hi-def stuff?

Originally posted by loggy
[B]

I wouldn’t get all comfy with that assessment.

http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/7454

and:

http://asia.cnet.com/newstech/personaltech/0,39001147,39138741,00.htm

for one example.
We have not seen the end of MPAA/etc. grasping at legal/technical highway robbery. I would guess there will always be a development-curve required for software like D2O.
So far so good, but they like their 9,000% profit-margins…
Hey, any plans yet for future blue-ray hi-def stuff? [/B]

This is nothing special - just a copyprotected DVD-ROM - NOT A DVD! When I saw the original headline on CNET touting the new High-Definition DVD, I saw that it was really not what I thought (or what most would think) it really was. You have to watch it on your computer - big deal. About the only time I watch movies on my computer is when I’m on a plane.

This is an experiment that will go the way of those self-destruct DVD’s, DivX (the Circuit City format, not the codec), SACD, and DVD-Audio.

I wouldn’t worry about it. Besides, I really doubt DRM (digital rights management) would work anyways. Product Activation is an attempt at DRM for software and is seen on Windows XP. Yet you can find hacks for it easily on the Net. The same will apply here - someone will fake it out or just bypassed the check routine completely.