Did you see that!

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Articles/Specific.asp?ArticleHeadline=52X+CD-RW+Roundup+Vol1&index=1

the Sony 52 24 52 is a litey 32123s so it can be oc à 52X doesn’t it ?

What’s new ?

:rolleyes: The 52x sony seems to be a 32x litey so the 32123s liteon can be oc at 52x with the sony firmware no ?

I’m no Lite-On expert, you will have to wait till one of them passes by, but the PCB says 32123s, okay fine. But the chipset used is MediaTek 6, and we already knew that could be upgraded to 52x, so if I’m right this is a 32123s PCB with a MediaTek 6 chipset. And being able to overclock that, is nothing new.

I wonder how they found out about overclocking btw ;), I bet they’re reading a lot of the posts here.

If you read closely it says "The drive is built around MediaTek 6 series chipsets (MT1518E and MT1516E). ". The 32123S is not.

Sorry to repeat you, DoMiN8ToR. I guess we were posting at the same time.

:slight_smile: Hemispasm: yeah, that initial post opened my eyes, lol.

Quote from the linked review:

The drive is build around MediaTek 6 series chipsets (MT1518E and MT1516E).
So i guess this means what you suggested is impossible :wink:

Edit:

Prowler seems to have beat me to it :slight_smile:

Bullshit! even if the PCB say 32123S. It’s newer chipsets. It can’t be done.

Dream on!

/Dyzan

Originally posted by DoMiN8ToR

…the PCB says 32123s, okay fine. But the chipset used is MediaTek 6, and we already knew that could be upgraded to 52x, so if I’m right this is a 32123s PCB with a MediaTek 6 chipset. And being able to overclock that, is nothing new.

I wonder how they found out about overclocking btw ;), I bet they’re reading a lot of the posts here.

1. Sure thing, there’s nothing new.

2. They are. And btw, vice versa.

Excuse me guys about this question already asked ! :bow:

So, whats the conclusion, can i overclock my LTR-48125W to a 52x24x52x.

darshanjog,

You missed the point of this entire thread which is about the series “6” chipset, which has nothing to do with the series “5” chipset in your burner.

The answer again, and finally (I hope) is NO. Unless in the very unlikely event Lite-on releases new firmware that is able to change the speed of your burner, it is never going to happen.

Thanks Inertia.

I knew that it was a silly hope. :bigsmile:

Not having opened up a CD-RW before, I’m curious to know whether or not the chipsets are soldered or socketed, and whether the 5-series and 6-series are physically identical with regard to pins and the function of each pin.

I suppose if the Sony is a 32123S with a 6-series chipset, and the PCB’s are identical, then theoreticall, if one could purchase a Mediatek 6-series EEPROM, they could then upgrade to 52x…

Good luck on finding that Mediatek chip… :wink:

Originally posted by Jaco2k2

Good luck on finding that Mediatek chip… :wink:

:bigsmile: :wink:

Just to clarify:

It’s only the PCB where the eject button and volume knob is that is marked LTR-32123S… This PCB is the same for all drives newer than LTR-32123S. The main PCB is a bit different and not marked LTR-32123S. :wink:

OC-Freak, are you back or just had a few minutes to post?

Just so you all know, cdrinfo’s review of the CRX220 is fake. Don’t ask me why, but they overclocked a CRX210 or a CRX215 for the CDSpeed tests and other screenshots. Ask them why they don’t have a picture of the label other than the claimed engineering sample. And also why the pics from this review and from the CRX210 review are so similar. And why there is no shadow around the letters on the supposed picture of the CRX220’s box. The firmware that they offered for download was modified by ^DA^ Zombie from Memorex firmware. See his website here. Read more here.

How unexpected that particular site faked a review… :wink:

I am sure Sir D will love this … maybe he’ll even pay them a visit and drop a line or two :wink: