Did you make a successful copy of FIFA?

vbimport

2002 FIFA World Cup from EA Sports seems to be giving many problems.

If you made a successful copy, please tell us your hardware and software settings.

:cool:

what cd-rw drive do u have ?

i think this game might use safe disk v2 but i am just taking a guess if it does odds are your cd-rw drive cant copy it becuase it does not do correct EFM of regular bit patterns.

NBR, I have a TDK VeloCD 24/10/40 . I have successfully cloned what cloneyXXL calls Safedisc alt. fifa is the only recent cd I’ve attempted to clone. Do I have a hardware problem? Is there a way to clone using my TDK?

well see what clonyxxl says about fifa. i just checked clone cd’s website and your tdk cd-rw drive dont support correct EFM encoding which means u cannot copy a safe disk v2 game no matter what program u use to make a 1:1 backup.

sorry :frowning:

Thanks NBR. The mystery is solved. I have a hardware problem.

Do the recent TDK’s have EFM capability? CloneCD’s website does not show the TDK 32’s or the TDK 40’s. I see the CloneCD site rates the Asus 40 as two circles and the Plex 40 rated as one circle.

Some TDK’s, not many, are rebadged Liteon’s. There are only a handful or a few more, burner makers on the planet. Add to that, there are only a few fingers worth of controller manufacturers such as Mediatek and Oak Technology Inc (OTI). Most HP’s are made by either Sony or Philips. The one sheep HPs are obviously made by Philips. Let’s hope that HP starts getting some of the double-sheep burners!

Originally posted by traveler
[B]Thanks NBR. The mystery is solved. I have a hardware problem.

Do the recent TDK’s have EFM capability? CloneCD’s website does not show the TDK 32’s or the TDK 40’s. I see the CloneCD site rates the Asus 40 as two circles and the Plex 40 rated as one circle.

:cool: [/B]

well i dont know about the newer tdk’s, but if you plan on making lots of backups using safe disk v2 (most new games) u need to get a two sheep burner (i.e. new lite-on drives)

good luck

Three perfect copies on the Asus CRW 4012A.

One made with CloneCD.
One made with DiscJuggler.
One made with BlindRead/BlindWrite.

That’ll do for now. :wink:

My image wasn’t RAW…fixed np

Glad to hear it’s fixed.