Did you make a successful copy of FIFA?

vbimport

2002 FIFA World Cup from EA Sports seems to be giving many problems.

If you made a sucessful copy, please tell us your hardware and software settings.

:cool:

I have made successful copy that works on Toshiba 1502 DVD and LiteOn 163 DVD.

I used CloneCD not CDMate with a LiteOn 24102B writer.

I used SD2 profile and the following settings:

for reading:
FES: off
Subcodes: off for data and audio

for writing:
AWS: off

other settings were left default in the profile.

By the way I never use the tray program Hide CD media.

Originally posted by traveler
[B]2002 FIFA World Cup from EA Sports seems to be giving many problems.

If you made a suucessful copy, please tell us your hardware and software settings.

:cool: [/B]

Yes. 2 ways.
In each case Lite-on Ltd-163 reader and Lite-on Ltr-24102B writer.

Method 1.
Dumped image with discdump (safedisc setting). Burnt image with fireburner 2.17 at 24x (settings - dao16, close cd, auto-correct sub-channel, enable burnproof, eject cd when finished - all other settings left unchecked).

Method 2.
Just used clonecd 4.0.1.6 with default game cd profiles (but with AWS disabled) burning at maximum speed.

Thanks for the tips Truman and philamber.

I’ll go back and do some adjusting.

I use a TDK VeloCD 24/10/40 for reading and writing. Are there any shortcomings with this drive? I’ve had no problems with SafeDisc 2. Just 2.51 so far.

Originally posted by Traveler

I use a TDK VeloCD 24/10/40 for reading and writing. Are there any shortcomings with this drive? I’ve had no problems with SafeDisc 2. Just 2.51 so far.

You have a drive which does not write regular bit patterns properly - that’s why you’re having problems. You should definitely have the AWS setting on in CloneCD before writing.

Problem is I am not sure how good AWS is, so I can’t tell you if it’ll work. If it doesn’t you should try Blind write suite - this program has been reported to work by most people. It has Enhanced weak sectors setting also - make sure this is on before writing.

When you test it the copy make sure you test it on the CDROM drive that you installed from.

I’m off topic here. Anyway, if you have the LiteOn writer CDMate would also work to make a successful backup.

Good luck. :slight_smile:

Made successful backup on Sony CRX-160 using clonyXXL profile for “Safedisc v2” and this has AWS on.

backup works in Acer/Benq 48x CDROM drive OK.

Just got an Asus 40/12/48 cdrw.

Three more coasters.

One with CloneCD (AWS on).

One with DiscJuggler trial version.

And one with BlindRead/Blind/Write (4x read, 4x write).

What is going on here? Do the cd manufacturers now have us stymied? This is a very current cdrw.

:confused:

[B]Just got an Asus 40/12/48 cdrw.

Three more coasters.

One with CloneCD (AWS on).

One with DiscJuggler trial version.

And one with BlindRead/Blind/Write (4x read, 4x write).

What is going on here? Do the cd manufacturers now have us stymied? This is a very current cdrw.

:confused: [/B]

Turn AWS off and try again with clonecd. Your drive doesn’t need it and drives that don’t need it often produce only coasters if it’s enabled. Should work with AWS off.
Btw, I think this game only runs from the drive it’s installed from and it does have an atip check. Accordingly, install and run from an ordinary cd/dvd rom if you have one. If not and you want to run it from your new asus, enable hide cd media before running the backup copy.

philamber, thanks heaps! :bow:

All three backup cd’s work with “Hide CD Media” enabled. At least that’s a step in the right direction. Is that because it’s a cdrw where from which the game was originally installed from the factory cd? And yes the original cd would never enable the game if placed in the other cdrom drive. Other games I have would be activated with the cd placed in any cdrom drive anywhere on the network, but not fifa.

If I installed from the factory cd in a non cdrw drive would all the disks work interchangeably including the factory cd? If I reclone it with AWS turned off, can I turn off “Hide CD Media” when run from the cdrw? What is atip check? Do I have too many questions?

[B] Do I have too many questions?

:cool: [/B]

Absolutely. LOL:bigsmile:

To try to answer some of them:
a) My understanding is that this cd only runs from the drive from which it was installed (personally, I wouldn’t know because I always install and run from my dvd).
b) If you re-install from a non-cdrw drive then I suspect you’ll have to play from that drive but you won’t need hide cd media to play.
c) If you re-clone with AWS turned off, you will still need hide cd media to run the game from a cdrw but not from an ordinary cd/dvd rom.
d) Simply put, an atip check is one conducted by the game to determine whether the cd in the drive is a pressed silver original or a cdr/w. If it detects that it’s a cdr/w the game won’t run. However, and although there’s been some debate on this point, essentialy only writers can detect the atip, ordinary cd/dvd roms can’t so hide cd media is necessary to run these games from a writer but not from an ordinary cd/dvd rom.

Hope that satisfies your numerous queries. I’m exhausted:p . LOL

Again, thanks heaps.

Just check from the registry the install path because some times the cdcheck will tell you to insert the disk if are trying to play from drive X: and you’ve installe from drive Y: . That’s all!

Thanks sasha79.

I have discovered by doing some experimenting that I have been able to get the game to play from any drive I choose by going into device manager and changing the drive letters so the drive I want to play from has the letter of the drive installed from.

I’m happy i’ve been able to help you.

All is fine.