Did a MPG to DVD using TempGenc DVD Author. playback is black and white. help!

vbimport

i used tempgenc dvd author to convert about 15 mpgs(about 220mb) total size after using tempgenc was 3.29gb but when i burnt it on a DVD+R the output was black and white and there was a white streak going horizontally on the bottom from left to right. but when i play back the vob files in the comp it plays back fine in WMP with color and sound. any suggestions as to how i can fix this or was it just a bad burn?

btw its 15mpgs but is the VTS_01_1 vob files is suppose to be from VTS_01_1 … VTS_01_15 right? but instead its VTS_01_1 … VTS_01_4.

any ideas why the dvd plays back in b/w and the white line? its sorta like when your video cable for the dvd player isnt plugged in correctly.

btw this is the guide i followed to author the dvd http://www.videohelp.com/forum/userguides/172123.php

Hi,

Just hazarding a guess but is the TV color system proper on your player. I experienced this ages ago when I tried an NTSC video on a PAL vcr. If your player isn’t multi- system(i.e. region specific) then this could be the cause of your prob as the DVD must be the other system because the source mpgs may be of that particular system.

Hope this helps.
Unicorn23’.

Hi,

Almost forgot but the DVD is never authored in many files but in files which are split at the 1047 mb(approx.) mark. This is in the specifications for DVD compatibility. You could have many small files of varying sizes(as you said). But for greatest compatibility few files are made with navigation parameters placed within them along with chapter entry points etc. in files with same sizes of 1047mb and any remainders in the last file.

Hope this helps.
Unicorn23’.