Ok...gonna stick my neck on the line here and try to record what happens when I swap out my existing SSD and put in a new, faster one.
Existing SSD: Vertex 2 60GB
Incoming SSD: Crucial m4 128GB
Why am I doing this?
1) The Vertex is a smidgeon small, and
2) I am running some large demanding software from time to time (CS5 Photoshop and Premiere etc)
3) It was time. What I mean is, the HDD in my Dell laptop just died, so my plan is to put the "old" Vertex into the lappy...hence the desktop beastie gets a new SSD.
Why am I telling you this?
1) IÂ´m no expert, so the thread will be active for anyone who wishes to add their 2 cents.
2) To help out anyone else planning such a move, and
3) so you can have a good laugh when it goes wrong.