Diane7 Verbatum Sold in south Africa

vbimport

I was told this was genuine Verbatun media.
disc was taken out of trash to photograph.
black like marks under surface.

Di…have a look around the hub of the disc and see if you can see a set of numbers/letters (in the clear plastic).

Post them here :slight_smile:

Could those marks have come from whatever was in the trash with the disc? :wink:

It looks like you’re running your Transfer Rate Tests in speed-mode. To test every sector on the disc in future tests, I suggest you go into the Options window in the Files menu, to Standard Tests - Transfer Rate and move the Speed/Accuracy slider all the way towards accuracy.

The test will then take approx. 5 minutes at 16x for a full disc, but the test will attempt to read everything so you don’t accidentally miss the spots that could be unreadable.

Your disc with black spots looks terrible BTW. :eek:

[quote=Arachne;2127996][B]Di[/B]…have a look around the hub of the disc and see if you can see a set of numbers/letters (in the clear plastic).

Post them here :slight_smile:

Could those marks have come from whatever was in the trash with the disc? ;)[/quote]

No I have lots with marks like that ok I posted a nice story But when I hit Attment my Computer shutdown so I posted again in SafeMode
Heres the Hub Code PAPA 10lJ05174117 1
stamp code ZD9610-DVR-T47D

[QUOTE=diane7;2128004]No I have lots with marks like that ok I posted a nice story But when I hit Attment my Computer shutdown so I posted again in SafeMode
Heres the Hub Code PAPA 10lJ05174117 1
stamp code ZD9610-DVR-T47D[/QUOTE]

Doh, silly PCs :stuck_out_tongue:

(Hub code and stamper code…you’re good :eek: )

Anyway. They’re genuine Verbies, made by CMC :slight_smile:

[quote=DrageMester;2128000]It looks like you’re running your Transfer Rate Tests in speed-mode. To test every sector on the disc in future tests, I suggest you go into the Options window in the Files menu, to Standard Tests - Transfer Rate and move the Speed/Accuracy slider all the way towards accuracy.

The test will then take approx. 5 minutes at 16x for a full disc, but the test will attempt to read everything so you don’t accidentally miss the spots that could be unreadable.

Your disc with black spots looks terrible BTW. :eek:[/quote]

Thanks for the Tip
I have some MCC 03RG20 with Black spots hard to take photos as you have to hold them just so the Light catches it The black spots are between the layers not on the outside. and only after you burn them.

I’ve had those dye spots on some of my Verbie MCC004’s. I never noticed them till after i burn them though. Made me shy away from Verbie MCC004’s…like i told you in chat, if someone can pick a crappy spindle of MCC004’s…that be me :doh:

Edit:
I just noticed you said the same thing:

[QUOTE=diane7;2128012]and only after you burn them.[/QUOTE]

Never seen them on my Verbie MCC003’s though.

I’ve also had a few such Verbatim MCC 004s with dark spots after burning. Scans were not quite as terrible as Diane’s but still bad enough that I didn’t want to keep them.

I think it was one or two 50pc cakeboxes Made in India, but I have blocked out the bad memory. :doh:

the slider was on accuracy
heres one from ny NEC

[quote=diane7;2128032]the slider was on accuracy
heres one from ny NEC[/quote] OK good (it just looks like speed-mode because of the “rounded” corners of the graph).

I suggest you use that NEC ND-3500AG drive for Transfer Rate Tests, since in my experience it’s more likely to warn about potential trouble than just about any other drive that I have, and definitely more likely to warn you than your LiteOn drive.

The reason I don’t use my NEC 3500 anymore is that it started randomly scratching discs. :frowning:

I have burned ~1000 MCC004s in the last few years (my favourite, most used media), and I have never seen discs looking that horrible, including MII ones. Awful, I’d definitely take them back and demand a refund.

Maybe theres Somthing else I need to change here :flower:
Thanks for all the Help :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2128038]OK good (it just looks like speed-mode because of the “rounded” corners of the graph).[/QUOTE]yeah Drage it looks like it’s running in Simulation mode or something to me.

[quote=diane7;2128041]Maybe theres Somthing else I need to change here :flower:
Thanks for all the Help :)[/quote] I suggest you tick both of the High Resolution Graph Read/Write Test boxes.

EDIT: I agree with Drage. :slight_smile:

Could be a screw up from CMC or your having a DUST problems.
The first is most likely, but I can not rule the second out.

[quote=dakhaas;2128463]Could be a screw up from CMC or your having a DUST problems.
The first is most likely, but I can not rule the second out.[/quote]

Ok I :iagree: on the DUST live in very Dusty enviroment I know I have Canned Air that I spray Some times in my Drives.
But how does Dust get under the first layer to make Smuges ?
Thanks

PS Nobody Smokes in my Place I go outside to have one Dont Polute kids lungs .that also harms discs dont it
:smiley:

The question is, Is it under the first layer or did it actually swirl befor your lens during the burning. Resulting in a dark spot.

It’s suprising how this is actually possible.

Ohhwell if it’s a screw up, which is most likely looking at the top spot,then just get them replaced by Verbatim.

[quote=dakhaas;2128540]The question is, Is it under the first layer or did it actually swirl befor your lens during the burning. Resulting in a dark spot.

It’s suprising how this is actually possible.

Ohhwell if it’s a screw up, which is most likely looking at the top spot,then just get them replaced by Verbatim.[/quote]

[B]Cant take them Back[/B] Thanks

Dont have receipt any more bought in Supermarket with Groceries

Whats Swirl under the lens ,I dont even know where the Lens is :bigsmile:

I dont have all Discs Gave some to my Son in varsity .
Found one with kids Vidio back ups

did some scan`s
( will post pics seperate last time my Computer enterd sleep when I att more than 1 )
di:flower:

Diane, you should not even need the receipt. Just send them to Verbatim, not the store you bought them from, and they should replace the discs. Verbatim customer service usually is pretty good.

That’s what I would do at least.