Diablo 2 installation/alcohol 120% issues

So first off I DO OWN a copy of Diablo 2/LOD.

I’m trying to make copies to back up my old disks, and I’m using The FULL version of Alcohol 120% that I bought, to make all my other back ups. Well the weirdest thing is happening. I made a back up of D2 and LOD so that I could install it on my laptop in the other room, so that my girlfriend and I could play together.

Issue: When I put the back up copy into the laptop, it loads just fine, as usual, but after I enter my cd key it askes me if I want to add a desktop icon, and then it says “please insert ‘install disk’ into cd rom and press ok”

I’m only asking for prosperities sake, since I can just use the originals, but why would it ask that? I know I have all the right files on the disk, since I just did the clone cd option in Alcohol.

Can anyone help me with this issue, i’m really curious to know!

[QUOTE=iamtheoblique;2292722][B]So first off I DO OWN a copy of Diablo 2/LOD.
[/B]
I’m trying to make copies to back up my old disks, and I’m using The FULL version of Alcohol 120% that I bought, to make all my other back ups. Well the weirdest thing is happening. I made a back up of D2 and LOD so that I could install it on my laptop in the other room, so that my girlfriend and I could play together.

Issue: When I put the back up copy into the laptop, it loads just fine, as usual, but after I enter my cd key it askes me if I want to add a desktop icon, and then it says “please insert ‘install disk’ into cd rom and press ok”

I’m only asking for prosperities sake, since I can just use the originals, but why would it ask that? I know I have all the right files on the disk, since I just did the clone cd option in Alcohol.

Can anyone help me with this issue, i’m really curious to know![/QUOTE]

Does that mean you own the original or just a “copy”??

[QUOTE=chef;2292995]Does that mean you own the original or just a “copy”??[/QUOTE]

I own both the ORIGINAL cd’s as well as the iso’s makde from said cd’s. also I’ve figured out that it’s because of the version of securom that is on the disk, which is a pain, because It’s actually gotten in the way of play some original game disks that I have, i think never winter nights is one of them if I remember correctly.

So has anyone figured out how to use Alcohol 120% to get past this stupid Securom bull? I think diablo 2 and LOD have version 7 securom off the top of my head.

you don’t need the cd in the drive to play anymore with the latest patch 1.12
BTW… Alcohol sucks use an old version of clonecd (from elby NOT slysoft)with the securom profile and it will copy it no problems, The D2 discs have a very old version of securom on them and is easily copied