DH20A4H Playback problems in standalone

vbimport

My initial enthusiasm for this drive has died down. Here’s the situation:
I have two of these drives and the results are the same. Using good media, either Verbatim + or - discs I get burns of apparent great quality, with outstanding scan results in CD Speed. They play back fine in the computer, but on my Panasonic RP82? standalone machine I get a lot of pixelation and as the movie plays on it slowly loses the voice sync. When I burn from the same ISO files using my BenQ drive, the movies play back just fine in the Panasonic. I have repeated this a couple of times just to make sure it wasn’t just a random bad disc. :confused:

The only thing I can think of is that the burn calibration might be off a little bit in both of the LiteOn drives. Has anyone else had a similar problem??

regards, g1

Try doing the scans in the BenQ burner as well to compare, I find BenQ scans generally more reflective of the play quality in my standalones.

I have the same situation really when I burn a DVD video with my DH20A4Pand play it with my lg standalone
the scan with my benq is very good even better than the same disc burned with my benq , however with benq it’s readble very clearly

I have no problems with my dvd play back now. I lock down the fire wall and burn at a low speed that seems to have stoped the dvd issue for me. Now I could use some help with my audio files. I Burned an cd audio onto a cdr that worked fine prior to the install of a new LiteOn DH20A4H now the playback is dead. I made sure that it was not mp3 files so I dont feel that is an issue. I have also updated the firmware. I am not sure what to check or change next. Any ideas

What version firmware are you using on your 20A4H?

What settings are you using for Smart Burn, Force Hyper Tuning, Over Speed Writing, and Online Hyper Tuning?

What speed were you burning your DVDs at?

What speed are you burning your CD-Rs at?

I am using the QP5A.exe update on their website I have used Nero and windows media player with an auto speed setting and a 4x setting to burn CD-R’s I do not recall what speed I used in the past for Audio files but I burn at 4x with my DVD files with no play back problems. I have tried to check out the old audio Cd’s that worked but was unable to find what I needed to correct this thorn in my side. I am obviously not as deep into this as you are but any advice would be appreciated.

[QUOTE=b73632;2147760]I am using the QP5A.exe update on their website I have used Nero and windows media player with an auto speed setting and a 4x setting to burn CD-R’s I do not recall what speed I used in the past for Audio files but I burn at 4x with my DVD files with no play back problems. I have tried to check out the old audio Cd’s that worked but was unable to find what I needed to correct this thorn in my side. I am obviously not as deep into this as you are but any advice would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

QP5B is out already…

[QUOTE=gamma1;2121534]My initial enthusiasm for this drive has died down. Here’s the situation:
I have two of these drives and the results are the same. Using good media, either Verbatim + or - discs I get burns of apparent great quality, with outstanding scan results in CD Speed. They play back fine in the computer, but on my Panasonic RP82? standalone machine I get a lot of pixelation and as the movie plays on it slowly loses the voice sync. When I burn from the same ISO files using my BenQ drive, the movies play back just fine in the Panasonic. I have repeated this a couple of times just to make sure it wasn’t just a random bad disc. :confused:

The only thing I can think of is that the burn calibration might be off a little bit in both of the LiteOn drives. Has anyone else had a similar problem??

regards, g1[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should slow down the burning and not multitask when burning…doing that is a sure way to get coasters or not good burns…if you burn with +R makes sure to booktype to -Rom…

[QUOTE=b73632;2147760]I am using the QP5A.exe update on their website I have used Nero and windows media player with an auto speed setting and a 4x setting to burn CD-R’s I do not recall what speed I used in the past for Audio files but I burn at 4x with my DVD files with no play back problems. I have tried to check out the old audio Cd’s that worked but was unable to find what I needed to correct this thorn in my side. I am obviously not as deep into this as you are but any advice would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

If you’re using CD-Rs that are rated at speeds between 32x and 52x, you should burn your audio CDs at 16x.