DH20A1P flash to LH-20A1P

vbimport

Anybody able to help me,I’ve read everything about crossflashing a oem DH-20A1P to make it a LH-20A1P ,I’ve got all the flashing tools,I’ve backed up my 6x16 firmware ,I’ve made a copy of the eeprom, the only thing I can’t do is find a naked firmware for a Lh-20A1P ,all the firmware I find is wrapped up in an exe. file with the flasher as well, I just need the basic bin. file on its own, has the firmware size changed,the 6x16 firmware I backed up is a full 2mb in size ,all the firmwares that are wrapped are only abot 796kb in size and that includes the flasher as well,any help greatly appreciated ,especially for a link to LH-20A1P firmware file (bin. only) unless there is a way of extracting it from one of the exe. files ?

This is totally unnecessary. The firmware for both is the same.

However, if you must do this, then flash with this first, then you can flash with any 20A1P firmware:

http://codeguys.rpc1.org/firmwares/dvdrw/stock/20A1P.KL0P.stock.rar

[QUOTE=negritude;2470978]This is totally unnecessary. The firmware for both is the same.

However, if you must do this, then flash with this first, then you can flash with any 20A1P firmware:

http://codeguys.rpc1.org/firmwares/dvdrw/stock/20A1P.KL0P.stock.rar[/QUOTE]

Why would I not want to do it, you find me some firmware for the DH 20A1P that can be used ,they don’t even support this drive on their own website, I actually found that firmware and flashed the drive successfully last week, but several of the updated firmwares come wrapped up in their own installers that didn’t include a flashable firmware file inside them,that was why I posted for some help, the firmware you linked to does include the neccessary files, the firmware for the DH series of drives is 6x13 6x16 etc ,the LH series are four letter firmwares KLOP etc, to be able to update anything you have to cross flash it, none of the flash programs even recognise the DH drives!

[QUOTE=brk;2471297]Why would I not want to do it, you find me some firmware for the DH 20A1P that can be used ,they don’t even support this drive on their own website, I actually found that firmware and flashed the drive successfully last week, but several of the updated firmwares come wrapped up in their own installers that didn’t include a flashable firmware file inside them,that was why I posted for some help, the firmware you linked to does include the neccessary files, the firmware for the DH series of drives is 6x13 6x16 etc ,the LH series are four letter firmwares KLOP etc, to be able to update anything you have to cross flash it, none of the flash programs even recognise the DH drives![/QUOTE]

The hardware is the same. DH 20A1P is an OEM release. Flash the unit using flash utility: http://club.myce.com/f44/flash-utility-liteon-based-optical-drives-v3-0-3-a-190420/
Read carefully the instructions in this topic.

PS. please calm down :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=brk;2471297]…the firmware for the DH series of drives is 6x13 6x16 etc ,the LH series are four letter firmwares KLOP etc, to be able to update anything you have to cross flash it, none of the flash programs even recognise the DH drives![/QUOTE]

Oh, I see what you mean now. It seems that Lite-On hasn’t always or doesn’t always have different firmware for retail and OEM, which is why I was unaware that your drive did. Yes, the firmware I linked to does allow flashing of either model.

I relised that this is an oem version drive, I still have the poblem that I’m trying to get rid of, I own a Asus P5N-E Sli mobo,one of the few boards that still has 2 ide channels on it, on my old P5W DH deluxe I could run 4 optical drives on that and stick the Hdrive on a sata connection, I’m afraid that board hads a problem now so swapped most bits to the new mobo,had to swap my Pioneer DVDrw for the new Liteon drive ,but this drive seems to have some kind of issue with it,If I run it as master with a DVD rom as slave thats fine,but I can’t run any type of DVDrom on the other ide channel, CDrw drive is fine,but whether I set the DVD rom as master or slave ,windows just won’t identify it, the drive is picked up in the bios as a load of strange characters, in hardware properties ,its reported as something it’s not, and claims its working properly, but it won’t work,and in “My Computer” it’s just rteported as a “CD Drive”, all the drives I am using have a specific purpose ,so I wanted to keep them all, somebody sold a similar moboard on ebay ,and showed a workinng pic of it, all four drives were working on the IDE channels,as well as two HDRives on the sata channels. If I take any drive out it works fine, I just can’t get four optical drives working if the Liteon drive is in the PC, I used to be able to with the pioneer DVDrw .
So me flashing the oem to retail gave me a proper named drive in the bios and the properties instead of just being called ATAPI A DH20A!P ,but still doesn’t let me use all four drives. I waqs hoping to solve the problem that way ,I actually have two writers,biut could not put them in the same PC ,even though both the same drives, something that other person was able to do,don’t know if their’s were both the same DVDrw . The drive on both firmware revisions works just fine at burning, quality of burn is a lot worse than what the pioneer managed, but the liteon was a lot faster at reading/scanning the burnt disks. The mystery continues :slight_smile:

You have an impressive list of drives Zhadoom, perhaps you may be able to solve my problem ?

well … I don’t have so many drives :), look at Burnsama collection.

verify this :

1 - a new 80wire ata cable for the IDE devices. The detection problems may be related to a damaged cable.
2 - If I understand well you have 4 IDE optical drives. is this correct ? are any of them as cable select ? the safe way is to use one as master and one as slave on every channel.
3 - your IDE controller have any RAID settings in BIOS ? RAID mode doesn’t like optical drives.
4 - ( it’s rare ) Particular combinations of drives produces conflicts but they work OK if alone in the IDE channel
5 - Verify the power connectors of the drives. There are reports of bizarre behaviour of optical drives because of bad power supply.

I hope that this help.

Points vefified and added info

1 - a new 80wire ata cable for the IDE devices. The detection problems may be related to a damaged cable.

Tried different 80 wire cables ,bought new and tried,swapped around between ide channels

2 - If I understand well you have 4 IDE optical drives. is this correct ? are any of them as cable select ? the safe way is to use one as master and one as slave on every channel.

Yes, 4 optical drives ,1 DVD burner always set to master with one DVD rom set as slave ,2nd channel 1 DVD rom and 1 CDRW drive,doesn’t matter which way I set them up, the DVD rom is never recognised whether it is set as master or slave ,but the CDRW always works O.K as master or slave, none set as cable select.

3 - your IDE controller have any RAID settings in BIOS ? RAID mode doesn’t like optical drives.

Nothing set up for Raid on the IDE channels, there is a Jmicron controller to set up raid on the sata connections, it makes no difference to the drives whether the Jmicron drivers are in use or not installed.

4 - ( it’s rare ) Particular combinations of drives produces conflicts but they work OK if alone in the IDE channel

This is the only thing I can think is happening.When I had my Pioneer burner fitted in the old P5W DH board I was able to run four drives,that drive started to fail,so I put in the Liteon drive.The Liteon Drive works as master with another DVDrom as slave,on the other channel, the CDRW drive works fine set as master or slave,but I’ve tried 3 different brands of DVD rom set as master or slave,they all come up funny in bios or “my computer” and won’t work but do in other PC’s so it wasn’t a particular DVD rom drive causing the conflict.

5 - Verify the power connectors of the drives. There are reports of bizarre behaviour of optical drives because of bad power supply.

Tried differnt power leads ,even a different new power supply,I have a 750w power supply for a sytem that is hard pushed to use about 325w of power,so hopefully I’m O.K there.

The same happens in two different moboard, my old P5D DH deluxe and a brand new P5N-E sli that has two proper IDE channels ,the P5D DH wasn’t a proper dedicated 2nd ide channel,and DVD drives weren’t supposed to work on that Jmicron controlled channel,but they did.

I have recently managed to contact the person who had 4 optical drives running on his PC,his was set up exactly the same as mine but he used LG drives on his system, two LG burners one LG Rom and one BDRom drive. The drives I need are all different but needed for there particular reading abilities. :):slight_smile: