DH20A1L/S Can´t flash!

vbimport

Hi guys,

First post… I have 2 burners, 1 DH20A1L and 1 DH20A1S. I would like to flash them to LH models. It is impossible? I have tried Flash utility, Eeprom utility, Omnipatcher andt the Settings utility tools. NON of them can se my drives??? I found orig. firmware on the Lite on homepage for the S model. It clearly ses my drive, but only the same firmware.

The reason: EOHT!! I´ve been at this for 3 hours now… Please help!!!

Compeed

New… and from Denmark:a

UPDATE this is what the flasher tells me after using flashfix"The drive is not allowed to be updated" It now finds the drive, but no flashing is allowed!!!

Compeed

Use Flash Utility and flash the firmware found on the CodeGuys website.

[Yes, you CAN flash using the CodeGuys .EXE file, as Flash Utility accepts it. But don’t try to flash using the .EXE from the LiteOn site; it is scrambled, and Flash Utility cannot flash from scrambled firmware files].

Thanks, but that is the problem… Flash Utility doesn´t list the drives?!?

Running Vista 64 Bit, but tried it on 32 bit also, even failsafe… Tried one drive at a tíme… Nothing helps. Mobo Asus Maximus Formula.

Compeed

Why do you want to reflash them? Arent they both the same drives?

[quote=compeed;2085524]UPDATE this is what the flasher tells me after using flashfix"The drive is not allowed to be updated" It now finds the drive, but no flashing is allowed![/quote]Flashfix does not support newer firmwares properly (you definetly got some error message). So trying to flash an incorrectly flashfixed firmware might cause problems.

You might try FalshFix on an older firmware, flash with older FlashFixed firmware, and then flash with latest firmware if able to FlashFix older firmware.

Flash Utility will not see my DH20A1S either.

[QUOTE=Simples;2456368]Flash Utility will not see my DH20A1S either.[/QUOTE]

Fixed by updating my Intel Matrix Storage Drivers.