DH-20A4P Burning problem

vbimport

[qanda]This question is published in the hardware section for the Lite-On DH-20A4P. Click here to view full specs.[/qanda]Gigabyte EP35-DS3P 2 SATA HDD 1 IDE DVD-RW Lite-On DH-20A4P firmware 9P59 Ashampoo Burning Studio 8 DVD-R Ritek G05 CD-R Ritek First, the DVD I burned is taking long time than normally on closing session and the DVD can’t read, freezing application that’s trying to read it but it’s burn CD fine. Drive can normally read both CD and DVD. Then, I claimed it and got a new drive with the same model. I’m then test it, reading is fine but can’t write neither DVD nor CD, DVD got the same problem while on the CD it’s giving me an error like “medium error” What have caused this? Is it possible because of IDE cable? Or by a SATA controller driver problem? And I can’t see a <span >DMA settings</span> option anywhere, Intel ICH9 SATA ACHI Controller is the only thing shown in IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers on device manager. :sad:<span ></span>

@ Vermillion,

Welcome to the Forum.

Ritek DVR-R G05 DVD Media has a rich well-documented history as being poor quality problematic DVD Media plague with known reflectivity degradation problems. It is wise and prudent to avoid all Ritek manufactured DVD Media.

Strongly suggest discarding your known poor quality problematic Ritek DVD-R G05 DVD Media and/or any other known poor quality problematic Media and only use known proven high quality error free Media such as Taiyo Yuden and/or Verbatim Media which has proven track record of being high quality error free Media.

Regards,
bjkg

But I’ve try it with SATA ASUS DRW-2014L1T and the burning result is good with PIE around 20 and PIF is only 3 so, that’s why I thought it may have something to do with IDE thing :confused: By the way, with my PC setting above what jumper position should I set? I set it as Master since it’s the only drive use IDE cable and the others(HDD) use SATA, am I did it right?