DH-20A4H doesn't support scanning?

Ok, I’ve got to be missing something here. I picked up a DH-20A4H for a new build I did for a friend and figured I’d check it out, see if I wanted one for myself.

I popped a disk in it tonight and when I tried to run a disk quality scan on it, DiskSpeed popped up a box that says “Drive does not support this function”.

I’ve tried multiple versions of CD-DVD / DiskSpeed including 4.11.4.0, 4.7.7.16, 5.0.1.250 and CodeKing’s edited one for the iHAS series of drives.

The drive came with the QP5A “S” version software so I tried updating it to the QP5B “S” which didn’t work either.

:doh:

What am I missing here? :bow:

EDIT: It seems it’ll scan CD’s, just not DVD’s single or dual layer.:confused:

Yes, you are missing something. My 20A4H works fine with the “original” 4.7.7.16 version.

The problem might be the chipset of the mainboard for example Marvel = big problem with IDE compatibility esspecially with IDE burners

Possible solution for JMicron IDE mode and not using JMicron drivers instead the Standard PCI IDE Controller of Windows. For Marvel you can give it the same try but it might not work with that crappy chipset.

[QUOTE=KTL;2207455]Yes, you are missing something. My 20A4H works fine with the “original” 4.7.7.16 version.[/QUOTE]

That much I know, lol. :Z

[QUOTE=BurningFish;2207487]The problem might be the chipset of the mainboard for example Marvel = big problem with IDE compatibility esspecially with IDE burners

Possible solution for JMicron IDE mode and not using JMicron drivers instead the Standard PCI IDE Controller of Windows. For Marvel you can give it the same try but it might not work with that crappy chipset.[/QUOTE]

I bet that’s it! The board has a Marvel 88SE6111 IDE controller chipset. I give changing the drivers around a shot when I get home from work tonight. :smiley: Thanks!

[quote=SLM crew chief;2207523]That much I know, lol. :Z

The board has a Marvel 88SE6111 IDE controller chipset.[/quote]
My mistake, I didn’t realize that I should’ve telepathically read your mind about what chipset you had on your motherboard.

[QUOTE=KTL;2207898]My mistake, I didn’t realize that I should’ve telepathically read your mind about what chipset you had on your motherboard.[/QUOTE]

Why do you think I ASKED WHAT I was missing?! Your first post was totally useless. I already knew I was missing something so I sure didn’t need you to tell me I was and obviously YOU had no idea what it was either. :rolleyes:

The above quoted reply was even more useless than the first one. Neither one contributed to helping me find WHAT I WAS MISSING which is what I asked for help with. Heck, now that we know what the problem might be you STILL didn’t offer any help on how to fix the issue.

On the other hand BurningFish gave a suggestion as to WHAT it was that I might be missing and a possible solution and for that I thank him!! :clap: I would have never guessed that a chip manufacturer would make an IDE controller that didn’t fully support any and all IDE devices, optical or otherwise. Fortunately BurningFish did and now I have something to work with. :flower:

As to you, if you would please never post any more meaningless drivel in any topic I start I would greatly appreciate it. :Z

Let’s keep it friendly please. :slight_smile:

Please just ignore someone’s post, if you don’t think it answers your question or report it, if it’s against our rules.

[QUOTE=BurningFish;2207487]The problem might be the chipset of the mainboard for example Marvel = big problem with IDE compatibility esspecially with IDE burners

Possible solution for JMicron IDE mode and not using JMicron drivers instead the Standard PCI IDE Controller of Windows. For Marvel you can give it the same try but it might not work with that crappy chipset.[/QUOTE]
Hi and a BIG thanks again! A bit of messing around to get rid of the Marvel driver that was installed from the driver CD and I got Microsoft drivers installed and it works!!:bow: