DH-20A3L is blinking after flash to EV68

Hello Guys,

i have a big problem with my Lite-On DH20A3L.
I flash it from the official EP5A to EV68. After that i restart my Computer. The Drive LED is now blinking at all the time, and it doesn´t read any DVD or CD.
But the Drive is always in the Windows Hardwaremanager shown as “ATAPI DVD A DH20A3L SCSI CdRom Device”. The Device is operating on a SiliconImage Si3114 SATA Controller that works in SATA mode.

I try to flash the old Firmware on is, but it´s not possible. The EP5A Flasher say:

No matched drive detectet !
This Utility is only for ATAPI DVD A DH20A3L drive.

Detectet drives:
1-0-0-0 J: JLMS XJ-HD166S DS1E (my Lite-On 166S DVD-ROM)
5-3-0-0 L: ATAPI DVD A DH20A3L EV68 (the Lite-On DVD-RW)
7-0-0-0 L: blablabla … (my virtual drive)

Can anyone help me?
Maybe its possible to backflash the Dh-20A3L with the EP5A.bin file.
Can anyone load it up for me?
Then i can try to flash with FlashUtility 2.2.4… .

Sorry for my bad english and thanks for help. :wink:

The Flash Utility works with unscrambled .exe firmwares as well (not only with .bin files). Maybe you can find one of these for your drive in the firmware announcement thread or the DH20A3P FR/FB/EOS/EOHT thread. After that, you can flash any 20A3L firmware you want again.

[QUOTE=DaKill3r185;2061844]Detectet drives:
1-0-0-0 J: JLMS XJ-HD166S DS1E (my Lite-On 166S DVD-ROM)
5-3-0-0 L: ATAPI DVD A DH20A3L EV68 (the Lite-On DVD-RW)
7-0-0-0 L: blablabla … (my virtual drive)/QUOTE]

How can the “virtual drive” and the DH20A3L share the same drive letter (L) :confused: If this is in fact what appears, I would try removing the virtual drive.

superhero

Hi! Thanx for the fast answers… .

I download C0dekings FR/FB/EOS/EOHT EP58 Firmware for the DH20A3L and flashed the drive. The Drive is still blinking.
Then i flash the offizial EP55 Firmware. The same problem: Drive LED is blinking and doesn´t read any CD/DVD. :frowning:
I wan´t to flash the original EP58 Firmware, but the flasher says

No matched drive detectet !

This Utility is only for ATAPI DVD A DH20A3L drive. Detectet drives: 1-0-0-0 J: JLMS XJ-HD166S DS1E (my Lite-On 166S DVD-ROM)
5-3-0-0 K: ATAPI DVD A DH20A3L EV68 (the Lite-On DVD-RW)
7-0-0-0 L: blablabla … (my virtual drive)

Then I patched the original Firmware EP58 with flashfix and flash the Drive to EP58. But it doens´t work, too… Drive LED is blinking, and doesn´t read any CD or DVD.

I don´t know why the drive LED is blinking and cant´s read any CD/DVD after Flash the EV68 Firmware. Has anyone an idea?

Thanx for Help! I think the best way is “RMA”.

@superhero Sorry, my Problem… the DH20A3L has Drive-Letter “K”. :wink:

Have you flashed the drive with wrong firmware by accident maybe, not for 20A3L, but for 20A3P/H/S? This would cause the blinking LED. I’m not sure how to recover the drive in that case though.

Did you try Cressida’s suggestion (post #2)? CodeKing’s patched EP58 firmware can be found here.

You also could try the “Repair Checksum” option in the EEPROM Utility.

superhero

Hi Cressida,
i found the Firmware in this Thread, over exactly to be here. I download the “EV68HT717WIN.RAR” and flash my DH-20A3L with it. Like the Guy they make this screenshot:

from his DH-20A3L with EV68… . Or the other Guys in this Thread.

@superhero
Yes, i wrote it in post #4… " I download C0dekings FR/FB/EOS/EOHT EP58 Firmware for the DH20A3L and flashed the drive… ."

Ah, ok… i want to test “Repair Checksum Function”. THX for this tip.

[QUOTE=DaKill3r185;2062743]Ah, ok… i want to test “Repair Checksum Function”. THX for this tip.[/QUOTE]
If the repair doesn’t work DaKill3r185, read your EEPROM with the EEPROM Utility, attach it to a post here and I will check it and repair it, if possible. :wink:

Hey Guys… you are awsome. :clap:
The Drive is working correctly now. :slight_smile:

I used the EEPROM Utility and let the repair the checksum.
Then i reboot my Computer, buw. the Drive LED is still blinking don´t read… .
I used the EEPROM Utility again and let the repair the checksum, doesn´t reboot the Computer, flash the original EP55… an it works.
Reboot agian and flash the EV66… works.
Reboot agian and flash the EV68 and it works fine, too.

The Drive LED isn´t blinking and it reads CDs / DVDs.

I don´t know the reason why the flash from yesterday doesn´t work, but i´m happy that the Dirve is still alive.

:clap::bow: [B]Thanks to all they help me! You are great! :bow: :clap:

[/B]@C0deKing… thanks for the offer! Top service here. :bigsmile:

And sorry for my ugly english. :wink:

Hi,
one Day later I have the Same Problem with the blinking LED … .

I start my PC and see that the BIOS is resettet and the mode from the Silicon Image Sil3114 SATA Controller is changed from “SATA” to “RAID”. The DH-20A3L is blinking and doesn´t read any CD/DVD.
But i can fix it with writen procedure.

I think the reason why the Drive is blinking / CD/DVD problems / damaging the Checksum is the wrong SATA mode after the BIOS reset.

Since Saturday i have no more Problems with the Drive or the MB BIOS.

THX for Help aggain.

Hi! I have set the SATA mode manualy to “RAID” and not so “SATA”… nothing. The Drive is not blinking or so. I don´t the reason why the drive was blinking last Week… . Nice Weekend!

Hi Guys
I have the same problem as the original poster “blinking led after flashing”.
I have tried all the other firmware and tried to repair the checksum but get an error message that the utility(4.1.0) cannot repair the checksum.

Could you please assit me with this problem.

Thank You