DH-20A3H & MKM 001 - Can it burn @4x?

Hello! I have this drive, and I am using latest official firmware (YP5Y). When I want to burn MKM 001, only speed I can get is 2.4x.

I saw thread with unofficial firmware for this drive, so I want to ask can I burn MKM 001 @4x with unofficial firmware, and, if answer is yes, please tell me which firmware to use for DH-20A3H, because I am little confused with all this DH-20A3x firmwares.

Thanx a lot!!!

Hi zivija, with the latest test firmware you can write that media up to 8x but only if you enable the option “Over speed writing” through the SmartBurn utility or also with the new COdeKing’s utility “Settings Utility for LiteOn Drives”. You can download it here.
The test firmware for your drive is YV66HT714WIN.rar and you can download it here. :slight_smile:

Thanx for quick and clean response. I flashed my drive, and next time I’ll burn DVD+R DL, I will post here.

P.S. Is this firmware automaticaly set DVD-ROM booktype on DVD+R and DVD+R DL, because I don’t see option to automatic set booktupe in Nero, and with LiteOn booktype tool, this two types of disc is set to DVD-ROM.

[QUOTE=zivija;2027574]Thanx for quick and clean response. I flashed my drive, and next time I’ll burn DVD+R DL, I will post here.[/QUOTE]

Please post the scan on the specific thread, here. :wink:

[QUOTE=zivija;2027574]P.S. Is this firmware automaticaly set DVD-ROM booktype on DVD+R and DVD+R DL, because I don’t see option to automatic set booktupe in Nero, and with LiteOn booktype tool, this two types of disc is set to DVD-ROM.[/QUOTE]

By default the drive set automatically to DVD-ROM only DVD+R DL.
In Nero you can find the option to set all discs to DVD-ROM (DVD+R included) in the menù “Recorder” => “Choose recorder” => “Options”. Default option is “Automatic” (only DVD+R DL).

OK, thanx!!!

@ Zivija

CMC MAG M01 is not :cool: it is :Z :Z

:bigsmile:

@ jcusimano2:

Mine is TDK, and they are generally OK (for nothing important) :stuck_out_tongue: