DH-20 A4P DVD writer can't read their own burnt DVD's

vbimport

I’m new to this forum and found it very interesting, I hope you can help me with this.

This is a problem I have from some time now. This DH-20 A4P performs very well burning and reading CD’s, but with DVD something weird is happening.

I can burn DVD with 80% success, I mean, 8 of ten DVD burn successfully, two of them shows some kind of error, and the burning finishes.

When I try to read this 8 DVD in my DH-20, almost always, I read the DVD only the first time, when the equipment is cold. Afterwards, It is impossible.

This same 8 DVD can be read time after time in each DVD reader make and model I can remember I tried them.

May you give me some advice?

By the way, the only post I could found asking something
like my problem was this and wasn’t answered: http://club.myce.com/f44/dh20-a4p-keeps-reading-266830/

Thanks a lot for the help you can give me.

As additional information: I’m using a P IV 2.4 GHz processor on an Intel MB, 2 Gb RAM 160 Gb Hd.

Win XP Pro SP3. Alcohol 120 % soft, I’m burning preferably MDS/MDF image files but the problem shows also with ISO images files.

I’ve done the standard Checks: cleaning laser and DVD writer,
Installing-uninstalling-installing programs, trying different DVD media, formatting disk, no success.

Last night I clean the laser for the 1000000000 time, check a DVD burnt week and a half before, check it and can read for the second time out of 20, I could access the data, made a disk check with Nero speed test and show 0% error. After a while tried to read the disk, no succes.

Today here in the office try the disk with the office PC and is OK.

Please help.

First, you don’t need to make multiple accounts, OR crosspost! Second, sounds like your drive may have a hardware problem, what brand media are you using?

[QUOTE=RCM;2582038]First, you don’t need to make multiple accounts, OR crosspost! Second, sounds like your drive may have a hardware problem, what brand media are you using?[/QUOTE]

First of all, I don’t have multiple accounts, my first and only account is tecnico0104, before I post for help, I search the forum looking for someone with a problem similar to mine to see if there were a solution and don’t do double post and found the link I post, sorry you think I have double account, I only tried to do my homework; this was also to show that I’m not the only one with this problem.

Second: As mentioned, I used diferent media (brands) DVD -R type all of them with the same result.
I’m writing this at work and here don’t have at hand the DVD’s I’ve burnt. Most of them are “Matrix” brand, as soon as I reach home, I’ll post the manufacturer name and the other brands I was using.

Yesterday, I also tweak the DVD trim pot and guide height adjustments without success. This changes don’t affected the CD’s performance which is very good.

Any sugestions?
Thank you.

[QUOTE=tecnico0104;2582192]First of all, I don’t have multiple accounts, my first and only account is tecnico0104, before I post for help, I search the forum looking for someone with a problem similar to mine to see if there were a solution and don’t do double post and found the link I post, sorry you think I have double account, I only tried to do my homework; this was also to show that I’m not the only one with this problem.

Second: As mentioned, I used diferent media (brands) DVD -R type all of them with the same result.
I’m writing this at work and here don’t have at hand the DVD’s I’ve burnt. Most of them are “Matrix” brand, as soon as I reach home, I’ll post the manufacturer name and the other brands I was using.

Yesterday, I also tweak the DVD trim pot and guide height adjustments without success. This changes don’t affected the CD’s performance which is very good.

Any sugestions?
Thank you.[/QUOTE]
SORRY! mis-read your post! I did research, it’s probably your discs, they are what’s known as crap media around here it seems!

[QUOTE=RCM;2582265]SORRY! mis-read your post! I did research, it’s probably your discs, they are what’s known as crap media around here it seems![/QUOTE]

But they DO burn in my writer and can be read in other PC’s and are error free as per NERO’s speed test program scan disk, so, for me , it can’t be only media, I used LG media and TDK, same thing, they can’t be read in my writer, so what’s wrong?

I can burn DVD in my writer, the media are error free, even the crap media, checked with scan disk included in NERO’s speed test used in other PC, ocasionally, the writer can read the DVD maybe once or twice, afterwards, no more; that same DVD can be read in any other pc as many times as you like, I can’t found any logic to this but that’s the way it works!

Thanks

Just a suggestion:
If you have access to another computer you could install the problem drive in.
I know it is a pain to remove a drive & install it in another computer but that is the best way to see if the problem is the drive itself.
I don’t have Alcohol but some people have problems with it installed .