Device MGR in XP shows WRONG burner

Hi folks,

I recently formated my disc and reinstalled xp. Prior to this everything was fine. Now my device manager thinks I have a 12/10a when really I have a Plextor 16/10/40a

I discovered this when after 6 attempts to burn Nero froze at 4%.

I have tried updating firmware, but it can’t detect the burner.

I can read and copy as well as play cd’s from this device with no problem.

HELP!
Thanks
Brent

Try removing the 16x Plextor in Device Manager and reboot. When the drive is detected it will be reinstalled, hopefully in the correct drive model designation.

did you perhaps flash your drive with the wrong bios??

Thank you for your help.
I have uninstalled the plextor from the device mgr, and even completly unplugged from the mother board. It still comes up as the wrong device.

I have not looked at my bios… and do not understand what flash means? What am I looking at in the bios?

thanks
brent

damiandimitri probably meant to say if you flashed your drive with a different firmware version. I don’t think this will be the case since you can’t flash the drive with a different firmware made for a different writer. Seems very weird to me your writer is now recognized as a different model… How does Nero for example detect it? Can you think of any reason why your drive is detected as 12X model? You are sure your drive is the Plextor PX-W1610A model right? :wink: