Device manufacturer and firmware update

vbimport

I have a compact sr1650 nx computer runnung windows xp. My dvd drive keeps giving error messages when attemting dvd burns. I want to upgrade the dvd drive’s firmware but can’t determine the manufacturer. The drive is labeled HL-DT-ST-DVDRRW- GWA- 4166b. The CD-rom drive is an Asus.

Any suggestions?

[QUOTE=nemo4u;2487221]I have a compact sr1650 nx computer runnung windows xp. My dvd drive keeps giving error messages when attemting dvd burns. I want to upgrade the dvd drive’s firmware but can’t determine the manufacturer. The drive is labeled HL-DT-ST-DVDRRW- GWA- 4166b. The CD-rom drive is an Asus.

Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Take it out and their should be a label on it telling the make and model. That way you won’t mess up getting the wrong firmware. After you find that then go to the manufacture site and get the firmware and then updated it and see if that helps.

Hi and Welcome![QUOTE=nemo4u;2487221]I have a compact sr1650 nx computer runnung windows xp. My dvd drive keeps giving error messages when attemting dvd burns.[/quote]Please tell us, what error messages exactly.

I want to upgrade the dvd drive’s firmware but can’t determine the manufacturer. The drive is labeled HL-DT-ST-DVDRRW- GWA- 4166b.
This is a LG drive customised for HP/Compaq. Firmware updates should be available on HP.com suppport website.

Michael