Device error

vbimport

alright

i made 2 recent posts on finding ways to comress 800+MB files to 700MB,but found the proscess to long ,so i recently purchased 50 900MB cdr from mediarange hoping this would solve the problem.windows says the discs i am using are still 700MB although they are 900MB.

i used cd burner xp and same thing,and get the error masseage below.

device error(336130)could not write to disc(lba.359840length:26)invalid address for write-.0xo52o2.

toshiba dvd-rom SD-R2417

any ideas

thanks

Is there anywhere in CDBurnerXP to enable overburning (assuming your drive supports it of course)?

That’s what I had to do, to write to 100 minute CDRs with my LiteOn LH-20A1H.

This or just use Nero, if available.

Standard CD-Rs are 702mb / 80min, they were 650mb before.
Everything above 702mb is overburning…

[QUOTE=chef;2159407]This or just use Nero, if available.

Standard CD-Rs are 702mb / 80min, they were 650mb before.
Everything above 702mb is overburning…[/QUOTE]

thanks both for reply

chef,ok i understand like you say everything over 702MB is considered overburn, but should the drive still display the size of disc at 900MB ? likewise with 800MB.

i tried the discs on other dvd drives and same thing 702MB.im sending the discs back as maybe wrongly or rightly assume the discs have been marked wrong.could this be the case?

@ skinters,

Suggest using DVDInfo (http://www.dvdinfopro.com) and/or Nero CD DVD Speed (http://www.cdspeed2000.com/files/NeroCDSpeed_47716.zip) and see what these utility software programs display for the Disk size of these 900MB CD-R Media Disk.

As previously suggested days ago in another Forum thread posting why don’t you replace your TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-R2412 Drive with a DVD Burner and then you would be able to use DVD Media to Burn your DIVX Files?

Regards,
bjkg

bjkg

thats what i should have done in the first place ,solve all with a dvdrw.

its just why cant there be a drive that does all,instead of being so fussy ? haha

thanks for the links

jase

came back to add done the test on the supposed 900MB blanks,dvd info ahows them at 7002MB ,i mean whats the chances?

Yes, they all display the usable size of 702mb, even when you use a 900mb CD-R.