Device Drivers for NEC ND-2500A

Hi!

I just got my ND-2500A and its an OEM version. So, it came with NO software. When I installed on my Windows XP machine, its showing up as a CD Drive. Neither Windows XP nor my Nero 5.5.10 can recognize it as a DVD R/RW or CD RW drive.

Can someone help me (and scores of other newbies who bought the OEM version) how did you guys make this drive to work? Is there a place where I can download the device drivers or installation kit? If not, which software should I install (Freeware is good, but I don’t mind buying software if I don’t have a choice). I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks

Sri.

Originally posted by vansrikanth
[B]Hi!

I just got my ND-2500A and its an OEM version. So, it came with NO software. When I installed on my Windows XP machine, its showing up as a CD Drive. Neither Windows XP nor my Nero 5.5.10 can recognize it as a DVD R/RW or CD RW drive.

Can someone help me (and scores of other newbies who bought the OEM version) how did you guys make this drive to work? Is there a place where I can download the device drivers or installation kit? If not, which software should I install (Freeware is good, but I don’t mind buying software if I don’t have a choice). I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks

Sri. [/B]

Hi! I updated my Nero 5.X.X.X to Nero 6.0.0.0 and the drive is recognized immediately. I burnt several DVDs using the drive (which I has some problems with my Sony DRU-500X). The NEC drive burnt them as breeze. Thanks for the guys who responded to my PMs.

Hi! I updated my Nero 5.X.X.X to Nero 6.0.0.0 and the drive is recognized immediately. I burnt several DVDs using the drive (which I has some problems with my Sony DRU-500X). The NEC drive burnt them as breeze. Thanks for the guys who responded to my PMs.

Before ordering my ND-2500A from www.svp.co.uk last friday, I asked them whether Nero 5.5.10.54 supports this drive or not. They told me that this drive is supported by Nero 5.5.10.54. Could somebody else confirm this? I don’t have Nero 6 and if Nero 5.5 does not work with this drive then I will cancel my order.

Is Liteon 811s drive supported by Nero 5.5.10.54?

I just bought this drive to replace a broken sony DRU-510A, and i have to say SONY SUCKS !!! NEVER EVER BUY A SONY DRIVE. this drive writes on every dvd (cheap) it doesn’t matter…i LOVE IT…(don’t want to curse it or something) but i’m very very happy with the performance so far.

HIGHLY recommended…and also at a very affordable price

Originally posted by amah1
[B]Before ordering my ND-2500A from www.svp.co.uk last friday, I asked them whether Nero 5.5.10.54 supports this drive or not. They told me that this drive is supported by Nero 5.5.10.54. Could somebody else confirm this? I don’t have Nero 6 and if Nero 5.5 does not work with this drive then I will cancel my order.

Is Liteon 811s drive supported by Nero 5.5.10.54? [/B]

Go to http://www.dvdrhelp.com

You will find your answer. You don’t even need Nero.

Now be sure to update Nero to the latest version, and get the full 4-part package with NerVision2 and all the goodies. the early versions of Ner0-6 are buggy.

I am a complete jerk in the virtual world

Your evil :a