Device Driver For Lg Dvd Ram Gsa-h42n

:confused: HI THERE,I GOT AN LG DVD RAM ABOUT 2 MONTHS BACK AND SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED IT ON MY SYSTEM WHICH MEETS THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS INDICATED BY THE MANUFACTURERS.AFTER SOME TIME,THE DEVICE WILL NOT SHOW IN “MY COMPUTER”,BUT IS AVAILABLE IN SET UP.WHAT CAN I DO?IT SAYS THAT WINDOWS CANNOT LOAD THE DEVICE DRIVER FOR THIS HARDWARE IN THE DEVICE MANAGER.PLS HELP. :sad:

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

What OS are you using? In Device Manager, does it give you a specific Error Code?

BTW, please turn off the Caps Lock key :wink:

Yes.It gives me error code 39.It says driver may be corrupted or missing.I use windows xp.

OK, great :slight_smile:

Click the link in my sig (“How to delete your upper/lower filters”), and follow the instructions on that page - there’s also a Guided Help you can download to help you. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the link.I just went through it and when i clicked on the primary and secondary channel on my system,i found out that the transfer mode for both channels are in the “DMA if available option” and not “PIO” MODE.What can i do next?However,i need to tell u that my Dvd Ram device is on the secondary channel.

You clicked the wong link - you clicked the DMA one :slight_smile:

Here’s what you should have clicked: How to delete your upper and lower filters

sorry,i clicked on the wrong link.i’m trying to get the correct one.

Click the link in post #6. This has nothing to do with DMA, you need to delete your upper and lower filters.

Hi,as i was going through the link,one of my friends saw it and said it was very risky to do that as the Registry is like the spinal cord of the system and said my system could start giving me problems.What he said also corroborates with a warning given on the Microsoft support page.I’m a bit scared.Isn’t there no safer alternative to crack this problem?

If you use the Guided Help on the page, it’s a lot less risky than manually editing the registry.

Unfortunately I see no other way around it, unless you want to reinstall Windows (and be careful what programs you install).

If you’re nervous about this just create a text file in notepad , save it with the extention or .reg & containing the following as a copy & paste:-

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
“UpperFilters”=-
“LowerFilters”=-

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdr4_2K]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdralw2k]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdudf]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\UdfReadr]

Then execute it with Explorer & answer Yes to the question about adding it to the registry.

Of course the guided help may just do the same but I’ve not downloaded & run it.

Nice info, Tim :clap:

No. This is the official way to solve the problem that is often caused by incompatible or rogue software.
But if I remember correctly, MS also provides instructions how to backup this registry key you are about to edit, so you can get back if something goes wrong.

If you don’t want to edit the registry manually, you can try the “Filter driver load order…” option in ImgBurn (See screenshots). But there are the same risks as with editing the registry (apart from typos).

Michael

hi there.thanks for the ideas u granted me on how to solve my problem.However,i want to know how to execute the saved notepad file in windows explorer.i’ll be glad to know the steps to take.thanks

save it as .reg instead of .txt then double click it

:iagree: