Device Buffer Fluctuates between 60% and 80% while recording

Could someone please tell me why the device buffer fluctuates between 60% and 80% while recording instead of remaining above 90%?

I had a similar problem awhile back. It was a failing HDD.

LUK! will post his thoughts i’m sure.

What are your computer specifications? Include the DVD burner model you’re using.

Does the software buffer stay full during the whole process?

Will you also post a burn log of one of your burns?

[QUOTE=Bob;2107460]I had a similar problem awhile back. It was a failing HDD.[/QUOTE]well I hope that’s not the case 'cause I’ve only had my HDD for a year.

[QUOTE=Albert;2107461]

Does the software buffer stay full during the whole process?[/QUOTE]yes it does, only the device buffer fluctuates between 60% and 80%

the device buffer seems to have gotten worse 'cause it now fluctuates anywhere between 51% and 98%

it would reach 98% for a split second then go down to either 51%, 59% and so forth.

the drive is a Pioneer DVR-112

Pioneers do it a lot when performing WOPC type operations, look at the buffer level as a whole via the IBG file - I doubt it’s anything to worry about.

[QUOTE=LIGHTNING UK!;2107736]Pioneers do it a lot when performing WOPC type operations, look at the buffer level as a whole via the IBG file - I doubt it’s anything to worry about.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Download & install DVDInfoPro [the free version], do a burn in ImgBurn, then [in ImgBurn] select File>Display Graph Data… . If you are unsure of how it looks, then post a screenshot of the whole DVDInfoPro screen. :slight_smile:

have you changed media recently or changed packages, changed burning speed?

from a Pioneer 115D not 112, but [I]similar[/I]. the white line in the following is the device buffer and yellow is burn speed.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/2064570-post773.html

[cpu is high because running FAH, jitter was at 8x because i forgot about the setjitterpseed after my last reformat, i did scan that 5 PIF out but with higher total, oh and ive gone back to 4.7.7.16]

okay here is a write speed data graph from ImgBurn.

so what do u think of the device buffer?

[QUOTE=Auzzie Kid;2116295]okay here is a write speed data graph from ImgBurn.

so what do u think of the device buffer?[/QUOTE]

Doesn’t look bad to me. :disagree: Looks perfectly acceptable, and is probably normal to your system. :iagree:

[QUOTE=Albert;2116310]Doesn’t look bad to me. :disagree: Looks perfectly acceptable, and is probably normal to your system. :iagree:[/QUOTE]but Albert I dunno if u have a Pioneer DVD writer but does your DVD writer’s device buffer ever fluctuate like this when using ImgBurn?

I have a Pioneer 112 [back at home], and it did/does fluctuate like that with my setup a certain way, as did/do some of my other drives.