Devastation SD2.?

Hi,
Done with alcohol and litey 24102b. Spins, checks…and burps a problems with ~****.tmp file. Tried diff medias and 5 diff opt devices spread on 3 machines…anybody??

this game is safedisc 2.90 mate… the latest one. maybe it got new blacklisting doubt it has any major new stuff i bet this problem, if any, will be fixed in a few days tops :slight_smile:

Originally posted by captqbec
Hi,
Done with alcohol and litey 2410b. Spins, checks…and burps a problems with ~****.tmp file. Tried diff medias and 5 diff opt devices spread on 3 machines…anybody??

You’ll have to uninstall Alcohol 120% as SafeDisc 2.90 blacklists it. The blacklist will be fixed.

Burning with Alcohol, Fireburner, and CloneCD 4.2.0.2 all fail for me. Tried on a comp with Alcohol and one without. SD Analyser reports SafeDisc v2.90.040. I don’t get a page fault, just insert CD-ROM on comp with Alcohol, and just closes after checking on comp without. Tried in both Toshiba and Lite-On, other comp has a Matsushita DVD-ROM 8585.

/MLS

ok i bought devastation and copied it with my LG burner using alcohol 120 1.4.2.308
it burnt correctly, and when i go to play it i get the dumb “please insert correct cd” safedisc bs error. what i did was uninstall my burning programs, cleaned it from the registry and put the cd back IN THE CD READER, not the burner. since i got no burning programs i got no atip protection. once it was in the reader i played the game and it works fine. it seems like a simple blacklist.

It seems this 1st SafeDisc 2.9 only adds blacklisting. The degrading signature patterns maybe will be added in a next build (who knows…)

Indeed, uninstalling alcohol solved my problem. Not sure why it didn’t work on my non-alcoholed computer.

/MLS

Question for those with this game (it will be at least a month before it appears downunder :frowning: ).

Does the original run with alcohol installed on the system or is it only copies that fail if alcohol is installed?

Originally posted by MLS
[B]Indeed, uninstalling alcohol solved my problem. Not sure why it didn’t work on my non-alcoholed computer.

/MLS [/B]

Do you have Daemon-Tools instaled on the non-alcoholed computer?

This is strange!

I also saw someone on the Alcohol forums saying the same thing about SD 2.9 blacklisting one of their games, but I used Alcohol 120% to back up Project IGI2, and left the image on the hard drive.

I patched the game to 1.1 and SD analyser reports the new .exe as v2.90.040. However the back-up CD still runs fine with Alcohol installed, and in fact I can still play the patched version of the game from the Alcohol virtual drive!

Don’t know why it seems to be affecting some people and not others?

Lazer.

The IGI2 patch will only add Alcohol/Daemon-Tools blacklisting, as it can’t add physical protections because the original CD was not mastered with SafeDisc 2.9

Originally posted by vio_man
The IGI2 patch will only add Alcohol/Daemon-Tools blacklisting, as it can’t add physical protections because the original CD was not mastered with SafeDisc 2.9

So why can I still play a patched IGI2 from the Alcohol virtual drive, if it’s been blacklisted?

Doesn’t makes sense?

I think you must be guessing about this so-called blacklisting of Alcohol?

Lazer.

Ok update here, and hopefully will clear up some of the BS some people are obviously just guessing at.

IGI2 Patched to 1.1 (SD 2.9)

Back-up CD of IGI2 disk 1 (SD 2.8) runs fine in DVD-Rom Drive.

Back-up CD will NOT run from Lite-ON writer OR DVD-Rom drive, with EITHER CloneCD hide CDR option turned on, OR Alcohol Ignore Media Type turned on!

Game IMAGE runs fine from Alcohol 120% from Virtual drive, with Ignore Media Type turned OFF!

Game IMAGE will NOT run from Alcohol 120% from virtual drive, with Ignore Media Type turned ON!

Before the game was patched to SD2.9, it worked fine from the CD Writer with Hide CDR turned ON, by CloneCD or Alcohol.

So there’s your answer. There appears to be no blacklisting of copying software per se, but the new SD is definitely aware of the Hide ATIP in both CloneCD and Alcohol (and maybe other progs that can do this?). :frowning:

HTH?

Lazer.

Originally posted by vio_man
[B]

Do you have Daemon-Tools instaled on the non-alcoholed computer? [/B]

Nothing of the sort.

/MLS

Anyone had trouble after installing Devastation just before the game executes it kicks out and goes over to antipiracy webpage ?? I’ve never seen this before ! Thanks!

Originally posted by GodThunder
Anyone had trouble after installing Devastation just before the game executes it kicks out and goes over to antipiracy webpage ?? I’ve never seen this before ! Thanks!

Welcome to this forum :slight_smile:

Do you have Daemon-Tools or Alcohol 120% installed?

Ya I have daemon tools 329 but I figured away around it if you disconnect (unplug) your internet from your nic card then devastation cant log onto the internet and lets you play the game ,hope theres a fix for this!