DeusEx Invisible War What Protection

Just got a copy, used BlindWrite with Auto set and made a backup, installed from backup, but when I run it, after getting a black screen for a few minutes and after pressing my space bar, I get a splash screen of Edios than a Nvida Screen, than finally what looks like a a DukeEx Screen, and than everything blanks out and I’m back to my desktop screen, anyone have this game and running it with No problems, or is there some sort of bug, I uninstalled it and reinstalled with the orginal copy and got the same results. I’m running with an intel ®82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller, 248MB RAM, 2.41Ghz intell Processor.

place your legally store bought Deusx 2 disc in your CD burner, download ClonyXXL and test it.

Alex T,
Done That, can’t find anything, comes back unknown, did use protection ID on the exe and got the following, API’s: GetDriveTypeA and, GetVolumeInformationA…

---------------------------------------------------------------

Just found this posted at GameCopyWorld regarding DuesEx Invisible War...

yeah it´s securom in the Ion Launcher.exe
protection id v4.1 cannot find the version i guess cos it´s encrypted.

wait till v4.2 is released

So it looks like the new Securom has landed, Question for me is, why does the original give me the same problem as the copy??, could it be the black listing issue for the copy programs installed in my computer???, or could there just be a bug in the program itself regarding my video card ???, I guess time will tell...

If Clony didn’t work I am sure that safediscAnalyser34 or Protectver will do it. Do a google search for them, they are free programs. I can send them to you to if you want, they are very small, just one exe file and go.

Hmm as i know there is SecuROM

Originally posted by Alex T.
If Clony didn’t work I am sure that safediscAnalyser34 or Protectver will do it. Do a google search for them, they are free programs. I can send them to you to if you want, they are very small, just one exe file and go.

Or you could use the search on this forum and find This Thread

As far as I know it is SecuROM V 5… :bigsmile:

No it is Securom 4.87

Originally posted by EdwinRamos

yeah it´s securom in the Ion Launcher.exe
protection id v4.1 cannot find the version i guess cos it´s encrypted.

Originally posted by Andareed
The latest versions of securom (4.87) are encrypting the exe, so you won’t be able to get the version number. If you use a memory dumper or debugger you can still find the AddD and version.

I backed-up deux ex install disk with nero 6 (which appeared to have no protection). Backed-up deux ex game disk with BW5 and wha-do-u know… a working back-up from the get go! No bugs here, fortunately.

What was the reader writer you used with bw5 for the game disk?Did you instsall with the originals?

I run BW5 with a dvd/cd recorder sony dru510a and a TDK data cdr 48x compatible recording media. This is a good burner but I think there are much better ones out there. Like the liteon and pioneers. Oh, and I only installed with the back-up cd to really find out that it will work.

Oh, and was autoplay used"? I have a litey cdr and tried the latest securom (deus ex) with bw5 and couldn’t get it to work from the installed backups either with autoplay on or off. It was suggested I try bw 4.5.7

I do not use the autoplay but instead after I insert the game cd I just click on the icon of deux ex from the desktop shortcut. Hope this is what you meant about “autoplay”. And about trying out the earlier version of BW I think it’s a good idea, I might try the same thing with the game medal of honor: allied assault. This game, for some reason, is not working for me under BW5. I just wonder if the trial period on the earlier version like BW4 is still free. Good luck.

autoplay is the name of VSO emulation solution. If you burned a cd with BW5 without using the tweaker, your image should be taged for autoplay and if you have installed autoplay drivers (which is automaticly installed with BW5), your cd should automaticly be emulated (if you burner didn’t manage to make a working backup)

The protection is on the Ion Launcher.exe file

Download the fix at:
http://www.megagames.com/cracks/html/c911000_0.htm

The protection is on the Ion Launcher.exe file
Download the fix at:
http://www.xxxxx.com/xxxx

:cop: those are illegal cracks :cop:
read the rulez!!!