Deus ex invis. war back-up copy

I have tried numerous times to make a back-up of these discs. I have alcohol120 and clonyxxl which informs me it is securom new. However, everytime I try to load the program it hangs up. Does anyone here have the answer. I’d love a step-by-step approach if you do. Thanks a lot!

I realize that there are other responses to this on other threads; however, I do not see an easy answer. Your help por favor.
Gracias.

Does it work with org. cd ?

I’m sorry, I do not know what org cd is.

Org cd= Original cd:)

Yes, it works beautifully with the org cd. As I mentioned, it locks up when I use the backup copy, burned with Alcohol 120. I have burned it with Securom and without, both to no avail.

Make sure you have last version of Alcohol and RMPS on

I believe I do have the latest Alcohol 120 (I downloaded the trial version over the weekend) and I had the RMPS box checked. Still did not work.

Other burning apps ?

I’ve tried clonecd (unsure of the version) w/out luck. I was hoping that someone here has been successful with the back-up copy and could say, “I did it using x software, with x settings.”

I have working backup. But i used Plextor Premium. So to make sure remove all burning apps and virtual cdroms. And give a shoot. Let only Alcohol on

Any other suggestions?

momisery,
what CD burner do you have?

You might want to read this article in the Copy Protection tutorial area: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78259

Holy guacamole. I just read your “CloneCD: Copying SecuROM 4.8x protected games”. That’s a LOT of work to make a back-up copy. I guess there is not an easier way?

You could also try this method if you want to make a working copy that doesn’t require emulation using alcohol rather than CloneCD. (Of course, it isn’t any simpler than the CloneCD method though neither method is all that difficult; they just look that way. :wink: :slight_smile: )

However, if you don’t mind emulation, the simplest way is just by using alcohol. Simply read and write using securom new 4.x/5.x datatype settings and then enable RMPS emulation (and Ignore media type if playing from a writer) before playing from the back-up copy.

Originally posted by momisery
Holy guacamole. I just read your “CloneCD: Copying SecuROM 4.8x protected games”. That’s a LOT of work to make a back-up copy. I guess there is not an easier way?

it isn’t really a lot of work, and it works like a charm, give it a try !

bye :slight_smile:

And the twinpeak method works correctly for ALL of the new versions of SecuROM NEW. Guaranteed.

I am wondering about what Philamber wrote… Where does one enable RMPS emulation before playing from the back-up copy?

You enable RMPS emulation from the emulation options sheet of alcohol.

Philamber,
I know this is a DUMB question (sorry about that!), but I see have there is a box to check during the burn for RMPS emulation… THIS I understand… However, from what I am understanding from you, is that Alcohol120 must be RUNNING with the option checked to USE the backed-up copy??? Please confirm, deny, or clarify. Thanks mate.