Deus Ex 2 BWA needed (CD)

I have Deus Ex 2: Invisible War (The CD version). I make it a habit to make images of all of my games and store them on my hard drive incase an original gets damaged. I did this when I got Deus Ex 2 and it’s a good thing I did. My original play disc got broken along with a few other CD’s last week when I moved. The original no longer will run because it is in 2 pieces. I never made a BWA file because I was so excited to play teh game I forgot. I cannot find a BWA fiel for the CD version anywhere on the internet. Can someone please link me to one or make me one. My email is nouturn20@hotmail.com. Please post a link here or email em there. Thanks so much.

Ok, ive got a good one. You can email me to get it or you can get it off me from messenger.

cyberwiz@hotmail.com

BTW, i’ve sent one to you:)

Thanks for the BWA file but that file is for Disc 1. Disc 2 is portected not Disc 1. Or at least I beleive it is for disc one because it is labeled dx2_1. When I scan both discs it only says disc 2 is protected. So if that is for disc 2 and you labeled it wrong let me know. If not I still need a BWA for Disc 2. Thanks

Well for some reason my Australian version uses disc 1 to play and install, and the play disc is only used for the part of the installation. As you can see disc 1 has the SecuROM peaks so :confused:

Thanks for all your help cyberwiz. But I dont think that’ll work. Can anyone with the US version make me a BWA of the 2nd disc and email it to me or link me to a place i can get it? thanks.

Originally posted by nouturn20
Thanks for the BWA file but that file is for Disc 1. Disc 2 is portected not Disc 1. Or at least I beleive it is for disc one because it is labeled dx2_1. When I scan both discs it only says disc 2 is protected. So if that is for disc 2 and you labeled it wrong let me know. If not I still need a BWA for Disc 2. Thanks

Do you scan the CD or the Application directory? Sometimes copy protection scanners cannot pickup the SecuROM protection on the CDs.

I scanned both CD’s with both Clony XXL and Aray v1 and both told me that the protection was on CD 2 and not CD1. It must be different for the Aussie version.

Can you make a BWA yourself. That is what I did. Also the SecuROM protection is always on the disc you use to play.

No I cant. I know how but as I stated in my original post I broke my play disc while moving. luckily I had an image but the image is no good without a BWA and I dont want to crack it.

What disc did you use to play?

The american version Disc 2 is the play disc

My disc 2 says the play disc, but for some wierd reason you do not play from it at all.:confused:

Thats weird. On mine disc 2 says play and you play from it. thats the disc that is protected. SO I need someone with the US version to make me a BWA because I have looked all over the internet to no avail.

Well depending on what program and settings you used to image it, you can still make a good BWA, IF you have made the image with Alcohol 120%, with the SecuROM 4.8x/5 Profile and DPM at 1x. You can convert the MDS into BWA with the BWA Builder.

I might be able to help you out but you might have to wait until tomorrow [just got to work]… you might want to PM me so I don’t forget :slight_smile:

If anyone has a good, working BWA file for Deus Ex Invisible War (CD, disc 1, Aussie version), would they be able to please send it to me.

My email is ensomneac@hotmaill.com

I made one, and it works, but it takes a while to startup. I have tried converting an MDS file, and even editing a BWA to remove the peaks, but I can’t get a smooth curve.

I have also unsucessfully searched for one. Only DVD ones seem to be available, and not CD.

Thank you to anyone that can help.

I have the US CD version, and here’s the corresponding BWA (attached file). I don’t know if it will work with the australian version though.

DX2_2.zip (21 KB)

Hi mate,

Thank you for that.

I can’t see why it shouldn’t work, as long as it’s CD1 and not 2.

Anyway, I’ll see how I go.

Thank you for a prompt reply.

EDIT: I just noticed yours is CD2. I need CD1.

Pity, it was a nice BWA. :frowning:

If anyone has the Aussie one, CD1, please let me know.